Jewelry for you to check out

This post has 40 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 4, 2013 12:34 AM

Thanks!  I found those teal pearls when I was in Virginia over Thanksgiving.  Of course, I had to have them.(lol)

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Feb 4, 2013 8:35 AM

Awww Val!! I missed you too!! U c I had trouble with my foot.. I stretched a ligament which made it difficult for me to walk.. But when I recovered from it I had lots of functions at home.. Since I and my hubby completed our first wedding anniversary this Jan we had loads of functions to prepare for. First of all we had this Lohri festival.. Which is a cultural celebration of Winter Solstice. Since it was my first one after marriage we had a party at home.. 

U can c in my pic m wearing those red and white bangles.. I have been wearing them for whole year without taking them off for a sec. They were removed after completing one year of our marriage. Its tradition (my hands feel light.. seriously believe me Big Smile

Then on anniversary the ladies of my family let me taste the boiled rice in milk which was a sign that I can wear black and white colours from now on..

P.S: The weather here in my city is bit cool.. but may b hotter than Vestal..  And in the pic I am wearing lehenga.. I attended my cousin's wedding in it.. Smile Don't worry March is just 3 weeks away.. *hugs*

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 12:12 AM

OWWW!!!Sad  That hurts!  Been there, done that.  Oh!  Well, Happy Anniversary!Music  I'll bet you're sooooo glad to have those bangles off!  Phew!  Probably feels like they took a ten-ton weight off, huh?  Can you wear more than just black and white?  Can you wear any color you want?  I would go crazy if I could only wear 2 colors, and they're noncolors, at that!  I hope you may wear any color you wish.  Does the red dot signify you are married or the black dot?  I can't remember.

I'll bet it's still warmer in Lucknow than it is here.(sulks)  I am very tired of the cold.  I am beginning to prepare for the holiest season of the year for Catholics.  Next Wednesday will be Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.  We attend Mass on Ash Wednesday and are marked with ashes to remind us that we came from dust, and when we die we will return to dust. Lent is a rather solemn time of year, but also hopeful.  It culminates with Holy Week, beginning with Palm Sunday,and continuing to the Triduum: Holy Thursday (The Last Supper), Good Friday (The Crucifixion), Holy Saturday(The Vigil) and climaxes with the Resurrection of Jesus on Easter Sunday.  The Easter Season goes on for 50 days (nearly two months!) and concludes beautifully in late May on Pentacost Sunday, the birthday of the Church.

It will still be quite cold here in March, I'm afraid.  It's cold here most of the year.  I'm tired of being cold.Angry I still love the fabric of your lehenga.  As Rachel Zoe would say, "I die!" (lol)

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Feb 6, 2013 12:24 PM

any coloured dot worn on the forehead along with a red mark on the hair parting signifies that a woman is married Big Smile Besides there was a ban on me for wearing anything in black and white in colour.. except those i could use any colour in my wardrobe for a year. Now i can include black and white in my wardrobe ^_^ 

Black dot is worn by south Indians and bengalis by the unmarried girls. 

geez it sounds like more cold months to go... here it has been raining for last 24 hours. Next week on 15th its a Spring festival. The spring is on the doorstep.. 

I knew about Easter but not about Lent and Ash Wednesday.. They are new for me. 

My lehenga is made of net... My hubby gave it to for our engagement ceremony. I have one of my marriage too. its in onion pink shade.. and they both weigh 25 Kgs each!!... dunno whats that in pounds though.. I get marks on my stomach when I wear any one of those. hehehehehe.. Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 9, 2013 12:39 AM

Well see?  We both taught each other cool stuff about our cultures!Smile  Sorry for the delay, My illness has been flaring up again.  I'm always going to be ill from now on, but some days are better than others, and the doctor hopes at least to stabilze me.

We are currently being buried under a pile of snow!Crying  We have about 6" already, and it shows no signs of slowing down.  Mom was out earlier taking the dogs for a walk before it got too deep.  The snow is packable so she made a snowball and tossed it at Mac to see what he'd do.  He jumped up and caught it- and it exploded in his face!(ROTFL)  So she made more and he chased rhem and bounced all over to catch them, got quite a few in his face and generally had a ripping good time!  Zoe was busily digging an elaborate tunnel system in the yard while all the "tomfoolery" was going on.(lol)  So, spring s still a very long way off for us.

Ugh!  That equals 55 pounds!!!  That's frickin' heavy!  I lost 70 lbs. in nine months from my illness; that's 32 kilos, or 5 stone!  Don't wear it anymore, you're going to break your bones!  Just wear the pretty silk sari underneath.  Or wear Western clothes?  Can you do that or is it not allowed?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Feb 11, 2013 3:40 AM

That sounds like you have lost too much weight Val! Surprise Geez.. I was 32 Kg before marriage and i gained weight after getting engaged.. Just don't loose too much weight.. keep it in check..

Sounds like your dogs had fun playing in snow Big Smile.. 

I can wear western wear but I avoid wearing them at home since uninvited guests are common here and they might comment on my westerns so I avoid wearing them. But I wear them when I go out for movies or shopping. I don't know how to tie a sari though Tongue Tied.. My sis-in- law ties the sari for me Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 10:01 AM

I  used to weigh 159 kilos.  Between illness and poor diet I was terribly overweight.  I went to WW up till last year and lost a lot of weight.  Then I had my fall, got sick and lost even more weight.  Now I weigh 90 kilos.  I lose 14 more, and I'll be at thr goal weight my doc set for me.  At the rate I'm going, I'll probably be there before the end of the year.

Oh yes, they love it!Smile  I don't!  But they're so funny to watch.

So, is wearing Western clothing in front of company impolite, or an insult?  I suppose I should be grateful I can wear whatever I want.  Though where church is concerned, I do follow tradition and wear a nice dress, or skirst and blouse.  I wish more prople would dress a little better when they came to church.  Some look like they just crawled out of a dumpster.  It's revolting, not to mention disrepectful.  Sigh...............

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 6:36 AM

can honestly say I've never noticed what people are wearng in Church. I've only seen the people. It's a meeting for God, not a fashion show.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Feb 15, 2013 1:04 PM

Well.. wearing the westerns in front of company is not impolite or insult.. but the fact is people start comparing me with their daughter-in-laws which i hate a lot..They say stuff like their daughter-in-law always wears a sari or suit at home.. She never wears westerns not even if she goes out.. She respects her in-laws as if I don't respect mine.. and so on and so forth.. 

I hate comparison so avoid the situations where people start wagging their tongues Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 7:51 PM

Well, that's just bloody rude and tactless on their part.  If you'll forgive the crudeness, if I were you, I'd tell them to go piss up a rope.  But then, that's me.Tongue Tied

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Feb 18, 2013 8:07 AM

hehehehe.. I can;t do that or else all hell will break loose Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 19, 2013 5:13 AM

Oh well, it was just a thought..............................Angel

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Feb 20, 2013 12:41 PM

hehehehe.. Did u try working on something after your cast?? Surprise

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 20, 2013 11:32 PM

Not yet....right now I'm laid up at home with my knees the size of grapefruits.  I'm having my biannual injection procedures done to put gel replacement cartilege in my knees.  It's a long, slow, painful process that requires three separeate trips to hospital to have done.  Right now I feel like hell and not much in the mood to be creative.Crying  But, I've got my little white "nursies" looking after me and this, too shall pass.  It's just difficult to be patient, and then, Lent is such an extremely busy time of year for me.  That's the one thing I've been asking God's help with- to learn more patience.  Hasn't been working very well so far, sigh..........Sad

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 12:06 AM

I love Swan Lake!

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS