Jewelry for you to check out

This post has 40 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 29, 2013 9:06 PM

For your enjoyment, more of my recent works:

This is Swan Lake.  The pearls are sage green, and I picked them up at this wonderful little lbs I like to shop at down in Occoquon called Off the Beading Path.  I mixed silver with gunmetal.

I got the pattern for these earrings from an issue of Step by Step Wire Jewelry.  They were a blast to make.

This is pink deset marble.  The chain is connected to the earring back.I hate to admit, I can't remember where I saw the idea for this one, but I enjoyed the design.

I hope you enjoy these.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,471
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 1:01 AM

Val, I really like Swan Lake...........and it's green too!!! Sage pearls are soooo cool. And those blue earrings are very foxy. Last pair is not exactly up my "crick" but obviously well executed. Good job. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 6:00 PM

Oh, they're lovely,Val, especially the Swan Lake and the earrings. You're very productive lately. Is this for your Grand Opening?

Valbeads:
They were a blast to make.

Sorry, does that mean they were difficult to make? I don't always understand American English!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 6:06 PM

Thanks, guys!

Karin: yes, I want to have plenty of inventory on hand.  When I say Those earrings were a "blast" to make, I mean they were great fun!  Hope that helps.  Yes, I know our slang is a little looney, lol!Big Smile

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 6:10 PM

Thanks Val, learning all the time!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 7:49 PM

Always happy to corrupt young minds! (lol)

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 31, 2013 1:57 AM

Val, I come to check the items you made, Swan Lake, nice name, guess that is the source of your inspiration to make the necklace, the sage green matched with silver and gunmetal is really a blast!! And I am sure the wrapped part much take you a lot of time to seat and work on that, I guess less wrapped part would be good for you health! The pink deset marble earrings is delicate too, in fact gold is hard to match with other colors, but it looooks good on your marble!! Nice designs! Those who receive them will definitely love them all the way, they are so precious!! Big Smile

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 5:31 AM

I love the way that you have used to pearls with the chains in the designs and I love the swan charm that you have used on that necklace.

I have not seen any like that here in the UK, I think that in the States you have more choice than we do here.

I am so enjoying my time of the forum looking at what everyone has been up to.

I also like the wire work on the turquoise coloured pearl earrings

They are all lovely

Julie 

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 7:58 AM

Very nice Val...love the Swan Lake (and the name) and both pairs of earrings are great - I would wear either of them in a heartbeat, but the blue ones I REALLY like...great color.  I have been playing around with trying to add some chain to some earrings as well...some have worked out better than others...  I seem to have lots of little bits and pieces of leftover chain, so rather than waste them, I am trying to find ways to use them in earrings...I am inspired again looking at yours...back to the drawing board.

Take care,

Ricki

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 2:11 PM

Yay, so your Dad still letting you have the camera :)).

That swan lake necklace i love, thats something i would like to jump up and go straight away to my table and try something similar. at the moment i love asymmetric design, like the swan just on the one side. beautiful!

the second earring pair is nice too, i would just like a bead glued on the end, then they would be perfect for me too.

Doh, now my aunty is ringing.... why people disturb when you have funAngry....well will check out if there is more from you later.

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 4:56 PM

Thanks, everybody!  Swan Lake was geat fun to make.  I had that swan focal for the longest time and just could not figure out what to do with it.  Then, suddenly- dink! lightbulb over the head!    I have a tv tray I can pull over to the couch so I can recline while I work, especially when I'm doing a wirewrap project.  That way I'm not sitting up too much.  Which is a good thing.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
HoneyBeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 7:52 AM

Very nice :) I like the gold gemstone earrings! 

Have a lovely beading day,

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Feb 1, 2013 12:51 PM

Love all of 'em Val!! :) Finally m back in beading stuff.. been away for too long (like almost 2 months :( ) feel bad for not beading and lots of work to do.. too little time in hand :D 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 1:30 PM

Awwww, thanks, HoneyBeads!

Hi, Gopika!  I've missed you!  I've had you in my thoughts, and hoped you were staying well.  Love your sari!  It's so beautiful!  I'd love to have it!  Gimmee!(lol)  Thanks so much for your compliments.  Hope everything is okay in Lucknaw.  I'm freezing to death here in Vestal, and spring just seems farther and farther away.Crying  I'm going to start swimming at the local high school pool in the afternoons, but first I need to find a new swimsuit.  I love the one I have; it's just too big for me now!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 3:02 PM

so beautiful Val. my absolute favourite is the blue in the middle!! they are so lovely

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS