Superbowl "Balto Ravens" Team Jewelry!

This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Jan 28, 2013 9:06 PM

Yes, I am a diehard Balto Ravens Fan. One thing the sporting world lacks, is some different and unique,  team jewelry. Therefore, I design and weave my own. I decided to create something special for the upcoming Superbowl game, Feb 3rd.

Woven on a loom, with an appliqué of a hand woven logo. Most Teams have more than one logo. I decided to incorporate both, along with a football, properly laced, with 22/0 beads!

The footballs, in the sterling silver wire fringe and Swarovski Crystals, are hand painted. 

It would be great to see more loom woven pieces here! :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 9:28 PM

I'm almost speechless! Certainly a labor of love.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 58
Pa. Nancy wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 9:54 PM

Wow! I'm speechless as well. It's BEAUTIFUL.    This coming from a die hard STEELERS fan. Wink

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
HDChiky wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 10:39 PM

I love it, very, very nice!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 29, 2013 6:25 PM

That's pretty cool!  You know in Baltimore, they call them the "Balmore" Ravens. (lol)  That's us Southerners for ya.  We leave stuff off that's supposed to be there and stick stuff on where it doesn't belong.  Guess I'm gonna have to work on something Redskins related for next year, 'cos we'll be in the Super Bowl next year!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Jan 30, 2013 1:16 PM

LOL Val! Our homies also say, "Balmer, Hon!"  As for the Redskins, we are only around the Beltway from their home so I have made my share of Redskin Beaded Jewelry too!!! Would love to share photos, when you start up next year.

Nancy... It's a wonder I am even replying to you! lmao, we Raven Maniacs don't care to much for, well, you know what team I mean! I have also mad some Steeler pieces, but charge double for them, because I think it bad luck! Hahaha JK

thabks so much everyone! I'm sharing mostly because "I GOT THE FEVA!" :)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 142
Allison B wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 5:11 PM

I hate sports... But that is AWSOME!

Show me your fantasy, and ill bead you your world.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 5:40 PM

Cool!  Won't that be fun!  We can get along all right 'cos we're in two different conferences.  All bets are off though, if we ever meet each other in the Super Bowl, 'cos with RG III at the helm, we'll KICK YOUR BUTT!!!(lol)  I have no idea who's going to win this weekend; both teams are so evenly matched.  This is gonna be a nail-biter!  Got a question for ya: did you like the Colts while they were still in Balmere?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Jan 30, 2013 9:03 PM

Hi Alisson! Just liking this cuff says more than you know :)

Val, I grew up with my family having Volts Season Tickets. I even had them when the Mayflower trucks snuck in during the early morning hours. The few years we were without, let a huge open space. I greeted the new Ravens team with open arms!! I bleed purple these days!!! I agree... My the best team (Ravens) win!! LOL LOL LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 31, 2013 2:04 AM

They look so great, its pattern and shape are so impressive, oh, in some degree it is full of personality! I can only bead the main part right now, you see, it is brilliant enough to have the football "inserted" in the cuff! Hope one day I can have some more brilliant inspiration to have something creative related to my beloved basketball. Wink

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 2:38 AM

I'll let you in on a little secret:Whisper I liked 'em when they were the Baltimore Colts.  I don't like 'em anymore. PPPBBBBTTTTHHHH!  All this nonsense of moving from city to city, changing yer name.....ugh!  Look what they did to the Houston Oilers!  They moved 'em to Tennessee and renamed 'em the Titans!  Bleah!  I miss those oil derrick helmets.Sad  Then they moved the Raiders to L.A., but fortunately they got smart and let 'em go back to Oakland.  So now St. Louis is all bent because the Cardinals went to Phoenix (Phoenix?  Really?  Who the h-e-double hockey sticks moves a football team to Phoenix?), they think we have to do something; so they go poach the Rams from L.A.!  So L.A. goes from having two teams to none!  Whatup with dat??!!  Secret number #2:Whisper I've always hated the Cardinals, so I really don't care where they wound up, haha!

Aaaaaaaanyway, now that I'm done ranting about the vagaries of the NFL, secret number #3:Whisper I have a really cute pair of Redskins helmet earrings my sister in law gave me one year for my birthday.  I've not been able to wear them for a few years because one of them lost the French hook.  Fast forward to now- I'm a jewelry designer.  A few wiggles with my jewelers' pliers and hey, presto!  I can show my team spirit again!Big Smile  They helpgive me ideas of the direction I want to go in for designing my football jewelry.  RGIII....RGIII....RGIII!  Confess: he's an awesome rookie QB!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 3:14 PM

hi Erin, blimey this is an awsome design, so much fun as well, i don't have a clue about football and sports. But this THE "REAL FAN" piece! Actually you could show this to your team, in my thinking the team should give you the honorary membership or so...or they might like a special mascot made from you :).

What a great bracelet, the little footballs hanging off making me cheer almost. Go Balto Ravens go ;)

Beads Ahoy

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Feb 1, 2013 8:35 AM

Hahahahahaha What a wonderful group here!!! I can talk about Football and beads! lmao! 

Val, just keep telling yourself it is all about business. If I was an Owner and given an offer to move my team to a city that will give me a brand new stadium, house, sport complex and huge pay, I think I would move them too. What do appreciate about our Ravens, formally the Browns, we changed their name to be a true Balto Team. Others should have done the same, but maybe the owners didn't want to have the expense of reprinting everything! I'll post my Redskin earrings to help give you some ideas.

Thank you Akoya and everyone! I am giggling inside to hear you enjoyed the cuff, not even being a football fan!!! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 1:50 PM

I know, but it annoys the dickens outta me!Angry  Oh, duh!  How could I forget them moving the Browns to Baltimore? I think because they resurrected the team in Cleveland, with the same uniforms and everything, so it's easy to forget they were defunct for a few years.  I gotta confess, I really miss RFK Stadium.Crying  Now they use it to play European football.  What a travesty!

Good, can't wait to see them!  I'll probably want them, too!  I should post my helmet earrings, tee hee!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on May 22, 2013 1:15 PM

this is absolutely awesome!!  Very fine work indeed!

Noel

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS