plea to admin for help

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 63
on Jan 28, 2013 8:12 PM

I am being trolled and harassed. I have already reported the abuse with no response from admin.

Can someone help me?

http://www.beadingdaily.com/media/p/70680.aspx

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 8:44 PM

Where did you report your problem?  What exactly is happening and where?  You don't have to post the details here; you could email our moderators and they should be able to assist you (or direct you to someone who can).  In the meantime, document the incidents (when, where, time, who,what).

Hope this helps.  Best to you (and welcome back).

Ottercat Coffee

01-28-13 (1843 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,218
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 29, 2013 8:24 PM

I have sent an e-mail to Jennifer, with all the information that was given to me. Unfortunately I don't have the power to either ban a member or remove the harassment where it is at. I wish I had the power to stop this, but it will take someone with some real powers. 

I am sorry I didn't get to this matter before now, but I was away from any internet while caring for my elderly (94 yrs old) Mother. My sisters and I take turns caring for her. NO internet at her house. Drives me nuts. LOL

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 63
on Jan 30, 2013 11:43 AM

I just wanted to say "Thank you!" to Sue, Jennifer and Ottercat! The nasty comments have been removed.

I really appreciate your help! Smile

Many thanks and best wishes,

Laura

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 514
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 8:08 PM

I'm happy for you the matter has been settled. May I ask what does "trolled" mean?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 63
on Jan 31, 2013 10:32 AM

Hi tcwhit,

Here is the definition from Wiki: Troll: "an internet term for a person who, through willful action, attempts to disrupt a community or garner attention and controversy through provocative messages"

When someone says "Don't feed the trolls" in forums they mean "do not encourage the behavior" by giving them any attention. They are usually only looking for an emotional reaction, to affect someone in a negative way to make themselves feel powerful or better about themselves.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 514
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 5:54 PM

k thanx

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 12:45 AM

Laura:  I'm glad the matter has been resolved.  Best to you, also.

Ottercat Coffee

01-31-13 (2244 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS