Beaded Micro Macrame Bracelet in White and Red

This post has 25 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 4:02 PM

simply beautiful Vicky, its got a great harmony.

i just started micro macrame, and its very difficult for me, but i don't give up yet.

greetings

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 5:24 AM

This is so pretty and I like the red and white as you say it looks quite regal.

I have just made some jewellery for a friend for here wedding and that was red and white but I used dyed Jade for the red and white jade for the white beads in the design and added silver crystals for some sparkle.

This is so delicate its very pretty and I am sure that your proud of it. 

This design would look good as a choker necklace

Julie 

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 9:01 AM

Handcrafted:
This design would look good as a choker necklace

Thanx for the lovely words, all the comments means a lot to me. I have been thinking about making a necklace to go with it, but I seem to start a thousand projects (before the ideas slip away) without having one finished. If I manage to finish the necklace I will post it.

www.knotsandsparklez.weebly.com

www.facebook.com/handcraftedfashionaccessories

www.etsy.com/shop/knotsandsparklez

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 9:03 AM

Aunty Akoya:
i just started micro macrame, and its very difficult for me, but i don't give up yet.

thank you. I simply love macrame, glad you have embraced it as well.

What do you find difficult about it? Anything I can help with?....Please feel free to ask...

Vicky

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Feb 1, 2013 12:47 PM

it looks like a delicate piece.. I love delicates and dainty pieces of jewellery.. Now this is in my favourites list :D

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 5:26 AM

Vicky325:
I seem to start a thousand projects (before the ideas slip away) without having one finished.
  May I suggest a sketch book (to jot down those ideas).  You may end up with more than you could ever accomplish, but you'd have a wealth of projects to chose from.  Just an idea; love your work -- elegant.

Ottercat Coffee

02-03-13 (0325 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 9:26 AM

Gopika Chaddha:

it looks like a delicate piece.. I love delicates and dainty pieces of jewellery.. Now this is in my favourites list :D

thank you so much...it really makes my day...

and to Ottercat...thank you as well, and I had that idea (the sketchpad)...and I ended up with a sketchpad full or bits and pieces of papers of all sorts with ideas scribbled on it...lol....sometimes I don't have it handy (like on the subway) and I scribble on whatever I get my hands on...maybe a shoe box would be better!...

Vicky

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,520
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 1:50 PM

Vicky, if a shoebox works better for you, go for it. We do not all think alike. However to me the shoebox concept would tend to lose ideas rather than preserve them. I have a student type spiral notebook which happens to be divided into 5 sections and I sketch things in there (and put dates on them if if occurs to me). It helps me to decide how much of something I will need as far as supplies and beads, it also very much helps me to get some balance into the idea. And I can look back at some of my early projects and marvel at how brazen and adventurous I was when I had very little true knowledge to go on........LOL. In my purse I carry a smallish spiral notebook and if I am suddenly whacked in the noggin with an idea, I can scribble in it and then tear the page out and tape it into my big notebook.

And I DO go back to the notebook irregularly to get inspiration for a project if I am in a space where I am feeling the need to do something different and something in there will resonate or trigger a whole new idea or cause me to work one of my earlier brain storms. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 7:22 PM

D.M.Z:
In my purse I carry a smallish spiral notebook and if I am suddenly whacked in the noggin with an idea, I can scribble in it and then tear the page out and tape it into my big notebook.

...why didn't I think of that?...that is just the right idea! I didn't have the patience to rewrite or redraw all those little notes and sketches, but taping them onto the bigger book it would be much easier...you would think I would have come to that conclusion...lol..! Thanx again..

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on May 25, 2013 1:08 AM

Lovely REally nice!!

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 500 Contributor