Posts 480
Calico3 wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 4:53 AM

Wow! They're all great.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 82
HoneyBeads wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 5:47 AM

Wow great work! I love the colors and the leaves!

Have a lovely beading day,

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 97
on Jan 28, 2013 9:05 AM

I think I like the group with the bracelet that has the beaded leaves.  They are all really nice though.

Teresa

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 1:23 PM

Unlike you, Donna, I didn't make a lot of greenies. The Dangling Disks one I posted 2 weeks ago is but not much Emerald in it. The Cellini spiral bracelet I already posted a few months ago in the Gallery.

The zigzag one is very soft and delicate. It almost feels like fabric, cloth, very silky. I found the pattern when I started beading somewhere on the internet. It's a Chevron technique and was designed by J. Cobear. That's all the information I have about this pattern.

And I don't mean to be mean (I don't want to rub it in about the stiff fingers) but the African Helix is one of the few greenies I made. When I started beading and found the African Helix I was lost forever. This stitch is so incredible. The fact that the lime green line goes the other way. I never got over this one.

Your beaded bead looks very nice, Donna. Did you develop that one yourself?

I hope there's Emerald color in them. I'm not sure what shade of green is Emerald. I did  my best.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,560
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 2:11 PM

Karin, one of the first things I noticed about the announced Pantone colors were all the varieties that they put under Emerald.........all sorts of shades, so you are well within the Emerald group with your items.Your Helix is divine, just so springy, and I like the zigzag ones too, of course spirals are always great because they just make me grin..........love them all.

The beaded bead that I adore is for moments when you just need to do some "mindless" stitching. It is a Leslie Frazier bead that takes 36 seed beads 11/o and 12 firepolish 4mm.......that's all, so a great beaded bead to use up dribs and drabs of colors.......that is why I went so nutty, I had lots of small quantities of beads at the time.

The pattern was in Art and Elegance of Beadweaving (Carol Wilcox Wells) which is a great book overall. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 29, 2013 6:15 PM

The top one has the emerald in it, Karin.  Is that a bracelet or a necklace? Doesn't matter, I demand you give it to me, right now! (lol)  I really love the colors!

Quick update- I have an appointment to see my orthopedic surgeon next week to check on my thumb to see if anything more can be done to ease the pain; maybe cut the tendons.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 29, 2013 6:24 PM

Hi Val,

It's a bracelet. Although the effect of Cellini spiral is fabulous, the work is tedious and boring.

I do hope the surgeon can help you although the thought of cutting tendons makes my stomach ache. Read somewhere else that you were really ill today. So sorry to hear that.

Studio ready yet?

Hugs from Karin.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 1:59 AM

These are all gorgeous, green glass is yummy. And what a variety of designs! Very impressed. Smile

Ingrid

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ingridwang69

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS