Some earrings, and Champagne on Ice

This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 11:21 PM

Thank you TC-  this is the THIRD time I've tried to answer.  My computer has decided to be very testy tonight!Angry  Would you suggest I search Amazon to start, or maybe Overstock.com?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 1:14 PM

Thanks!  I made an initial loop to place the rivoli into, then began my messy wraps.  The nice thing about messy wraps is they don't have to be perfect; they look fine just the way they are!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 6:53 PM

Neither one. GO to a local cam shop, many of the small private owned one sell used equipment. I personally NEVER buy used cam equipment on the net. If you have to drive a hour or two away, it w ill be worth it. I suggest you pick up a book or something and start the learning process. Something for beginners. When you finish reading (and understanding ) you'll have a better idea what direction you want to go in, and you'll know where your weaknesses are, and you'll know what to do about them. Read everything you can get your hands on, including (and especially) the owners manuals.

Added: Nice thing about digital, you can practice shooting hour after hour and STUDY your images. Then delete the crap ones. When you aren't paying for film and developing, you can shoot hundreds of images to practice. But study all your images, see what you don't like about them. Eventually you'll learn how to get what you're after. Ever hear they saying KISS. it means Keep It Simple St-pid, not meant to insult you, just to share that with you. it works.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 2, 2013 2:27 AM

Okay, great!  I really appreciate the info.

Yeah, that is true with digital.  And oh yeah, Keep It Simple Stupid has been around for ages!(lol)  I may not sound like it but I'm 45 years old, and have the silver hair to prove it! (g)  At least, it's coming in silver, not grey, or white or, worse yet, some nasty yellowish white.  Silver looks sexy! (g)  And I'm not vain in the least, no sirree! (LOL)

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on May 27, 2013 1:41 AM

Thanks, Maxine!  My sister loves them.  I've been considering making a pair either in silver or copper for myself.  Or maybe even teal, since I have colored wire.....hmmmmmm..........Hmm

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 192
noelohwell wrote
on Jun 5, 2013 1:52 PM

love, love the rivoli earrings!  but of course, you know I'm addicted to rivolis!  ;)

Oh, the ideas you ladies give me!  thank you!

Noel

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 6, 2013 1:29 AM

Rivolis are cool, aren't they?  I still have some; maybe I can rustle up a ring or something.  I found a great wire wrap book on Amazon not too long ago and downloaded it to my Kindle app.  Not only does it have some cool ideas, but it's really helped me improve my technique.  And it only cost $2!  I'd say it was definitely money well spent, because I really enjoy wire work.Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS