Attn: ADMIN Reader's Gallery

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,459
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 2:41 PM

The Reader Photo Gallery has always been a hassle for me. For instance I was just there looking for the results of a suggestion made within the last few days. Jen suggested that TCWhit make a new gallery for "Emerald" and we could all post our emerald pictures there............ so I went and looked for it today.

When I hit the gallery, the newest items show up first, as they should. But no new gallery shows up labeled Emerald, so I asked to search by name........... then the whole mess is reorganized, and not in alphabetical order as I would have thought as "name" suggests. But starts with some letters then comes closer to the beginning of the alphabet, but if you go to the last page it does end with Z's.

Searching for something by name would indicate to me (a dedicated database geek) that a box would show up and I could type in Emerald and it would come up with only the items labeled emerald....... but no.

Can we have a tutorial on how to use the Reader's Gallery, or better yet some better way of using it? I've been on the net for many years and have run into some sites that work and some that don't. I'd like to see Interweave invest in some positive changes for the Beading Daily site. We all love it and I personally check into it at least twice a day, I'll bet others do too.

As Clint would say.........."make my day"..............or my interpretation of it........"make my Beading Daily even better" Thanks, Donna

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,248
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 5:26 PM

Donna you will find the thread that I suggested to be relocated in the "Readers Showcase Forum" is in the "Bead Chat " forum under the title of "My Emerald Entry' I suggested that maybe more people would pay more attention to the thread if it were in the Readers Showcase Forum, which is located just about the Bead Chat forum. 

I think from what I am reading, you are looking under the Beaders Gallery which is in a drop down box on the tool bar. However the thread is still in the bead chat area. 

Hope this helps you find what you are looking for.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,459
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 5:45 PM

Sue, first, sorry I attributed your idea to Jen..........I knew it was a good idea from someone smart, so the number of possibles was limited. (does that get me out of any hot water? hmmm? LOL)

I was thinking about it last night as I sat at my work table and took some snaps of all my bracelets. Then since it looked like a mishmosh........I got a brain storm and decided to do it by color. That in itself was a revelation. I have lots of bracelets, a LOT of them are green. Yeppers, I like green. Anyway, maybe I'll start a new thread in Readers Showcase Forum with a lead off of my greenies. I am dealing with a new camera and so far it is more trouble than it is worth, but it DOES take great pics. I just mumble a lot as all my digitals after the first one have been Olympus cameras and there is a continuity to how they work and the menus, etc. This is my first Canon, a Power Shot Elph 300HS and it has the same number of buttons but they do different things.............mumble mumble. Donna

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,248
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 6:35 PM

Hot water? that is only good for doing dishes, so unless you are doing dishes, you are not in hot water., never were. 

I like you greenie, and it looks like your camera are taking some good pictures.

I have never used a Canon, I have a Fuji FineFix S1000 that a received a couple of years ago from a smart person that knew exactly what I wanted in a camera, than I gave it to my hubby to wrap up for my Christmas gift LOL.I like it because it has not a macro, but a super macro. I can almost touch the subject with my camera and still get a clear shot. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS