Gila monster necklace

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 11:55 AM

Ta da! Frosted neon green with midnight blue iris, prestrung randomly. A lovely longish crochet rope necklace with optional frosted glass donut. Now I just need to get some orange beads to do an orange version.

(Speaking of the acquisition of beads, anyone up for a trade? I have a trade post up in Barter.)

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,471
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 12:42 PM

While the orange one will be more accurate, I love the pattern and agree it is a Gila Monster kinda thang. I know you said prestrung random, but it comes out looking really nice. I can't wait to see the orange one, maybe a bit fatter? Like the real thing? Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 10:41 PM

OMG, that is the COOLEST necklace I've ever seen!  I'm not partial to neon, but this doesn't seem to be that acid green.  I kept looking at it going, "This is so COOL!"  Sometimes I feel sorry for myself that I can't sew anymore; then I remind myself I'm really into my wireworking, as you'll soon see.  So there's something for everybody.

At the risk of annoying everybody, I'm gonna say it one more time, "That necklace is so cool!"

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 6:09 AM

I love this funky necklace and the random is perfect. I love the colour combination. The necklace all curled up looks like a snake

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,259
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 6:15 AM

I love this green, in fact I think I must have at least 4 tubes of this bead. I guess,  it was a color I was drawn to because I keep buying it. I don't always have a project in mind when I shop for beads. The beads are like a strong magnet, they just seem to draw me in and make  me buy, and buy, and buy.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 9:41 AM

Sue, that seems to be my problem, as well, especially if it's something really shiny!  I swear, I must be part mina bird! (lol)

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,471
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 1:44 PM

Re: buying the same color again and again.........

I really don't use seed beads much, only as embellishments to my largish wardrobe of bracelets. But in learning all the stitches, I took classes at my local bead store. And, this was all before my mega re-organization took place.

Much to my surprise, I owned a small baggie, a tube and a HANK of the exact same purple AB 11/o seed beads.........LOL. As I was organizing I was laughing at these purchases. I'd get to the store for my class and need just a bit more of some contrasting color............and I'd go RIGHT FOR that purple. I now have a lifetime supply.........

I sort of do the same thing with delicas, making sure I have "enough" of all greens and finding I have a lot of chartreuse and light bright greens. I love them all, matte, opaque, transparent, AB, luster, pearl.........sighs and laughter. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
HoneyBeads wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 6:09 AM

Very nice! I like the neon color!

Have a lovely beading day,

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jan 29, 2013 4:57 PM

Ooh, it'd be cool to do a fatter one in orange. Oh--gotta stock up on midnight blue beads too, as I used all mine up in this necklace.

There's something about neon that just pulls me in. I had a tube of neon pink but that got stolen (along with a bunch of my other seed beads. Seriously, what kind of thief steals random tubes of seed beads?) but still have some of the neon green.

Ah yes, the compulsion to buy beads! Just arranging them is fun. Many a time I have almost accidentally bought 'repeat' colours, and yes I too have a weakness for purple.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS