Emerald(ish) First real stringing ( I think)

This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 12:25 PM

Donna i did like the history about your car, that would be the perfect one for me :).

totaly agree, green and pink or peach is one of the greatest combinations..... .though there is a lot, could say that about lots and lots. ... all of them give me a hint of fairy tale/flowery romance feeling.

Tcwhit: is that maybe typical to like all colours with time, especially for someone who does some handicraft? the same for me.... yes colors choice is changing constantly at the moment with the moods. With green i like better again too, but its not totally back in the hitlist, only milky light greens i start to melt. had some periods in life with favorites, like green and lilac in my teens, then was the earthy colour and red period and so on.... now i like most colours, just one colour i couldn't get friends with until now, that was orange, but even that is getting better, thanks to friends who showed me how great it can look. for a long time i had a pink/rose/peach time, maybe because i wasn't allowed that colours when i was little, so its my beloved rebellish colour, think that will stay....see all parents over the world its not good to forbid things too much, the kids might catch up later ;).

simply a great wonder colours are, getting soppy now...

Beads Ahoy

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Not Ranked
Posts 24
abby_p wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 12:44 PM

Hey Aunty Akoya,

I'm terrible with colors. Not color blind or anything (at least I don't think so) but can't mach/combine shades very well. So I cheat (gasp!) and use www.colorcombos.com to help me. It's meant for web design stuff but works a treat for dummies like me too.

much love,

Abby x

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 1:49 PM

Hi Abby, such tools are very helpful anyway, i use some colour cards too if i need inspiration and want to break out of my usually colour habbits. Most time i go for tone in tone combinations, but when i see the great colourful jewellery from others.... sometimes i go for the colour intoxication too.

How could you be terrible with colours :)), would like to think in this modern times it is allowed to combine all colours in every shade, i remember a time where people told me it would be awful to combine for example red and pink, or too much bright colours together, but how fantastic it can look.... that is all gone and i think lots beaders don't care anyway much about it, so much can look unexpected great. its allways just the in eye of the beholder isnt it.

Once i picked the colours blind for a jewellery because i couln't make a decision :), that can get a nice creation too, and at least a fun experiment.

Cya

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,560
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 2:09 PM

Aunty and Abby, I do not have any problems with colors except I tend to like them bright, bright, or bright......LOL. Yesterday was my final visit to the eye surgeon, I am dismissed and in perfect shape to go on with my beading........and I have a loom project in view (one of my orchids that is blooming right now) so I am ready to go. I've always thought that I loved saturated colors because I have had bad vision, but not my current thinking. I like some pastels but mostly mixed with strong colors.

I have always had a leaning toward orange, so sunny and perky........but I also love the greens and yellows, almost all of them and the pinky/peachy shades that are not so washed out as to be wimpy. Reds and blues have to be exceptional for me ot like them......dunno why, they just don't resonate to me very much, but purples are fine. Neutrals are what they are supposed to be, fillers.

While in the city where the surgeon is, I went to my fave book store (and darn glad it is 120 mile round trip or I'd be there a LOT more often) and found a UK based book on color. It was so refreshingly done I had to have it. It was "conceived, designed and produced" in UK, but published by Krause in US. The author is Sandra Wallace who has a very nice bio..........the book is "The Beader's Color Mixing Directory" and her ideas on how to lay out and display color combos just struck me as just gorgeous. She gives the color theory in clear terms, then supplies examples of the ranges of the colors. She moves you through many examples with photos and in the back are some projects in different colorways.

I have other color guides in my library, one from a painter, three from beaders, but Ms. Wallace is very readable and explains clearly. It is is book that I'd rate right up there. The only failing and it is tiny, tiny........is that she does not give the color numbers for the projects, but given a delica color chart, they would be easy peasy to figure. Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 24
abby_p wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 4:27 AM

Woooo! I am sooo going to get that book. Just checked it out on Amazon.

MANY thanks for the heads up Donna!

much love,

Abby x

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS