Clip on earrings decorated with vintage shell beads blooms

This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
wanting wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 2:07 AM

For both women and men, if you’re too scared to bear the pain on body, the clip on earrings allow you to decorate their ears without being pierced. Wearing the clip on earrings, you will find it never hurt your earlobe and can be took on and off quickly. Hence, to get you a way to fix this problem, today’s subject is about how to make clip on earrings with some common materials in your box. Let’s just start now:

How do you think my this clip? I am sure you still have some problem with how to make it, if you want to see the explaining described with words, you can go to pandahall .

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 3:56 AM

It's a neat way of doing it.  Honestly, I think clip-ons pinch your ears much worse than the minute of burning you get from having your ears pierced.  And I was the only one in my family with the cajones to have my ears pierced twice!  So much more fun to be able to wear two pairs of earrings instead of just one!Smile

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 2:49 PM

I have problems, where can I go???????????????????/

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 8:54 PM

Depends on what the problem is.Huh???

I had four daughters, and they could not have pierce ears till they were 10yrs old. The lady in the beauty shop, told them to put "menthol
or Vicks" on their ears every nite. It worked. No infection ever.

I still put Vicks or Menthol on my Post or Fish hook, wires etc before I put them in my ears.

(Ps. When I was teaching Cosmetology, my Director, used me for a model..So I now have two holes in each ear.) I love it.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 2:26 AM

wanting:
I am sure you still have some problem with how to make it, if you want to see the explaining described with words, you can go to pandahall .

Hi Mary, I was just reacting to this quote by Wanting in a sarcastic way. Didn't mean to mislead you. Sorry!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 2:41 AM

Karin:  Problem?  With earrings or something else?

I got my ears pierced at 18 yrs, with my younger sister and a friend of hers.  A big sewing needle, ice cubes (two for one ear and four for the other), pryroxide or witch hazel, done by a nurse.  Most of our friends had theirs done by a doctor and lots of infections.  I got my third piercing (left ear) with my husband (two holes -- one each) before my deployment to the Med.  I had more problems with the third one because of navy regs (not allowed to wear an earring on the upper lobe).  Almost closed on the deployment.  Nowadays, I use witch hazel on ear holes and earring findings.  If I loose an earring, no problem; just pair it with another pair or wear three different ones.  Haven't tried to wear clips; 'fraid I'd lose them.

Ottercat Coffee

01-23-13 (0039 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 2:45 AM

Karin:  understand your frustration -- actual intent or language translation glitch (noticed in other posts), 'hers'.

Sarah Coffee

01-23-13 (0043 PST)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 2:46 AM

Hi Ottercat,

I have problems with the cleverly disguised spam from Wanting and Jewelrymaking 11 who could be one and the same person. I doesn't matter. They are driving me nuts with their spam!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 3:27 AM

Hang in there, Karin:  this won't go on too much longer.  I had noticed something else awhile ago -- not so innocent, either.  Both must have gotten turned around; don't seem to know where they are.  It takes all kinds.

Ottercat Coffee

01-23-13 (0126 PST)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 8:01 PM

Sarah: when my dad was a young buck, he used to do ear piercing for girls, and fellow sailors, with the ice cube- and- needle dealio.  Shudder!  Makes me so glad they had the ear piercing guns when I was old enough to have my ears pierced.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 9:39 PM

Val:  I'll take the ice cube & needle method over the piercing gun, less problems later.  I had no pain with the former, but the latter was faster.  Still.....no more for me.  What was your dad's rating (job); mine was EM.

Ottercat Coffee

01-23-13 (1937 PST)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 10:09 PM

Well, considering I'm belonophobic (have a fear of needles), having my ears pierced with a gun made life easier, especially as I've had my ears double-pierced.  My dad was AMHC.  He retired E-7 or E-8, I'm not sure; I'll have to ask him. BTW, I'm a big-time Navy brat!  I was born in aaval hospital and bounced around from base to base.  My blood runs navy blue and gold!  I would have followed my dad and brother into the Navy had it not been for my asthma.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
wanting wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 12:14 AM

Hey! guy! You don't polite for me, I am angry. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 4:24 PM

Val:  I found out I have asthma (a touch of) after I retired -- thank God not before I joined.  Fear of needles, huh -- and you are a beader! Big Smile  I can't stand something hanging on the side of my ears.  Pierced earrings, yes -- clips, no.

Ottercat Coffee

01-24-13 (1423 PST)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 7:27 PM

Sarah: I've had it all my life.  I had viral pneumonia when I was only 2 months old.  It wrecked my lungs.  I have no idea what it's like to be able to draw a full, deep breath.  I often wonder what it would be like.

Yes, but I can't sew beads!(thanks to my buggered up thumb)  And sewing needles don't bother me too terribly.(g)  I can't stand how clip-ons pinch my ears.  The pain actually makes me nauseous.Ick!

Get ready!  I finally pilfered my dad's cam and took a buncha piccys!  Whee!

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS