Loom: work in progress, a delicate and old style tapestry.

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 128
on Jan 18, 2013 6:03 AM

Hi to All.

When i saw for the first time this pattern online I immediately fall in love with it. I buyed and then start to work: it fitted exactly in my style.

I don't use delica type beads, I use dynamite from  FMG and they work pretty well. Nymo D is my preferred thread, for their strenght.

I hope You enjoy follw me in my creation of this tapestry. I publish my progress after five or more passes.

But just to remember, my style is this:

And this.  I do no longer have this work, because I have send to Tia Dalma for repair and sell, and then give the money for Animal, in a charity sale.

But it' time for my last work.

Patterns, Charms, Beads:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Coccoementa

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 7:20 AM

OMG! What a project! Can't wait to see it completed. It looks great so far....

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 9:19 AM

Breathtaking!  I love black and white; it's so art deco.  I can't decide which I like best; they're all so beautiful!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Luv2CUSmile wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 9:40 AM

Moni,

Your work is beautiful! I don't do any loom work (on a loom) but I really love your pieces! My fav is the silhouette of the girl in the frame. I remember seeing a post of it quite some time ago where you had a couple beads that broke out and needed it repaired. I think you are such a gem for allowing it to go to a charity sell. I would have had a hard time parting with it.

Can't wait to see how your most recent is turning out.

~Luv

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 2:02 PM

beautiful. I am looking forward to see more of this

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 128
on Jan 19, 2013 12:07 AM

@Luv2CUSmile: one of my future project is to recreate this beautiful oval. In the meantime I found myself decorating the upper part (in my mind), with a RAW net, and I feel unsatisfied with this solution, because I don't have idea of how I can aligne with the oval.

Maybe one day or another I start... :-)

You all are very encouraging, thanks.

I love to work with big, complex, project. One of my daydream is a pattern I found in a cross stich magazine, italian, years ago. It's for a curtain, and is so big than I can't working on a loom.

But I'm not happy to work with square stich, so, for the moment, this is just a dream.

In the actual project, the tapestry, accidentally I cut one thread attached to the loom. So I have to replace, and this is the first time on my life, but I suppose that is not impossibile, only a bit complex.

Have all a nice day.

Patterns, Charms, Beads:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Coccoementa

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 3:12 AM

Moni of Spaghetti Clay:

I love to work with big, complex, project. One of my daydream is a pattern I found in a cross stich magazine, italian, years ago. It's for a curtain, and is so big than I can't working on a loom.

But I'm not happy to work with square stich, so, for the moment, this is just a dream.

I may have a solution for you -- go to the Reader Photo Gallery and look at 'Winter Tree' and 'Sister Moon'.  Both are worked in 90DO-L (off loom).  My tutorial isn't finished yet, but should be soon.  I love what you're doing -- the effect is dramatic.  Thanks for sharing.

Ottercat Coffee

01-09-13 (0111 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS