Spam on twitter from the beading daily or???

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
HoneyBeads wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 3:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Just now I've got an private message from the beading daily on Twitter. It said; FYI this twitter profile (blablabla) is spreading nasty blogs around about you. 

When I clicked on the link 'Twitter asked me to fill in my password and user name. I found that a bit strainge so I didden't do it. But I was still curious so I clicked the link again and then there was a sign that said; Google had detected this site as a phishing company something something.  

I don't know what to make of this?!  Did somebody hack the daily's twitter? I'm always very careful with this kind of things, but I don't know what to do now. Should I mention this to the beading daily? 

And did someone else also had this message?

Have a lovely beading day,

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 4:23 PM

Hi HoneyBeads,

Yes, I think you do right to mention it to Beading Daily as the message was supposed to come from them. I've heard things about Twitter being vulnerable for nasty stuff.

I'm neither on Twitter, nor on Facebook so I don't know if anybody else had a similar message. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
WrapNBeads wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 5:02 AM

It can be hard to track these, but not impossible.  Protect yourself and don't click those links.  You might also want to save message and send a copy to the B.D. staff with a copy of this post.   

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 26
on Jan 10, 2013 2:10 PM

Yikes, that's scary! While I am on twitter - i really don't know how to use it and therefore don't go on it that often.  Now I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just cancel my account??

Margaret 

Michaela Jewelry by Design

http://www.michaelajewelry.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 5:23 PM

So Sorry to hear this. I canceled my Facebook Accounts. I only have two with bead groups that I order bead supplies in group orders.

I never did understand Twitter or myspace.  Your comments on this site, made me google myself. I was shocked at the info that is out there.

It seems I am living in 26 different states all at the same time."Wow" Time to cancel and I did.

Thanks for sharing.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS