beaded christmas ornaments from the 80's

This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 16
sherriema wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 9:10 AM

hi everyone, i have a friend whose grandma made a bunch of christmas ornaments that very popular i think from late 70's to early 80's. you have probably seen the beaded bell, but i am looking for instructions for the basket or tips or anything like that. i have two pictures one of the bottom and one of the side. any help would be great. by the way this is my first time on the forum so i hope i did this right.

thanks,

sherrie allen

newark, ohio

smajlj@yahoo.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Luv2CUSmile wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 8:04 AM

This looks very similar to patterns I obtained from enterpriseart

I notice from posts that posts w/ site addresses may not go through so if you enter the above with the 3 "w"'s and then put a dot com at the end...

I haven't checked to see if this is still an active site but they were a large supplier at one time and I think should still be around-

When you get there click on the free projects menu and patterns

I don't have this basket but I do have a wreath, an angel, gift box, bells, snowmen and gingerbread men. I also have instructions on how to turn them into night light covers for the wall.

I found these when my kids were very small and wanting to do Christmas decor when I was busy making my own items. All are great patterns and pretty easy. If there is not a basket you may be able to take the bell pattern and adjust it a bit to get the basket. The weave should be the same- At least all of these that I have are and they look very similar...  If you know RAW you should be able to make them all with little to no trouble even if you have to adjust some bead counts or change bead style.

Good Luck!

~Luv

Not Ranked
Posts 16
sherriema wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 10:46 AM

thanks i will go check it out. i also looked on mary maxim and there wasn't anything there even though i did find the bell there.

sherrie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Luv2CUSmile wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 10:53 AM

Hey, I checked the web address I have for the exact patterns and they are no longer listed... I guess over the years they changed their website...

I do have these printed out and if you want I can scan them in and e-mail them to you... or I can continue to check some other older websites I have to see if they are active.

These are free patterns and again I do not have the basket one- Just those others I listed.

I do know that these are all done in a Right Angle Weave (RAW) and it looks as though the bottom of the basket is too... There are also some similar patterns at Ruby's beadwork... I haven't checked for the basket.

If you find a box pattern you could also adjust to make into a basket.

~Luv

Not Ranked
Posts 16
sherriema wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 2:47 PM

wow that would be great i appreciate that. well i bett learn raw because i don't know anything about it.Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
goninion wrote
on Nov 16, 2013 7:53 PM

please, if you could? can you fax copies of those patterns to me as well? 785-654-3101

I am loath to take apart Gma Betsy's ornaments.

Thank you!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lor25 wrote
on Dec 30, 2013 11:55 PM

Hi, my grandmother used to make beaded bell ornaments in the 80's and I would absolutely love to have the pattern for it...and any other Christmas ornaments you have. Could you email them to me? My address is lorriebutlin@yahoo.ca

Thank you so much!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
totmansigns wrote
on Dec 31, 2013 11:44 PM

Did you get this pattern faxed to you.  If so can you fax it to me. 

Phone fax number removed by Moderator for reasons of safety.          SCB1

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 4, 2014 7:57 AM

I am removing your phone number,  it is never a good idea to post any personal information like addresses,  or phone numbers on this site.There are over 606 thousand members here, and not all are here just to get or give beading information. The site tries hard but it is really impossible to ensure the honesty of all the users.  The site have set up a safe way for others to contact you, which is pretty good in protecting your privacy, so please use the system they have set up.   

Be wise and not post your personal stuff here. 

I am even leery of posting pictures of  my designs here. Some but  not all,  have no respect for the time and effect it takes to design something, and blatantly copy and claim as their own. 

So please be wise and careful of everything you post here. Remember everything you post online is out there forever and you will never know what one might do with that information. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS