hello

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
lizzie4458 wrote
on Jan 3, 2013 3:20 PM

Hi,

my name is lizzie, and i live in the u.k.   im back to beading as i had an big accident, so im now disabled, i was given a lot of christmas baubles that you hang onto a christmas tree from the ward i was in when i was in hospital, so i want to cover these baubles so i can raise funds towards a new scanner they very badly need so if anyone has any free patterns to cover these baubles would be most welcome.

im married to graham for 19 years and i have dolly my westie, she is the love of my life.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 12:26 AM

Hullo, Lizzie!

I'm Val and I live in upstate NY.  I have a cousin who lives in Bolton, Manchester, and another who lives in Norwich, Norfolk.  I'm not married but I've got TWO wonderful Westies, Zoe and her younger brother, Mac.  They are cuddled up in bed with me right now! I love them more than anything (except God, of course) and I delight in spoiling them rotten!  I am also disabled from being hit by a car seven years ago, and I got into beading a few years ago myself.

A warm welcome to our BD forum.  We are very international here and just one big, happy family.  If you're looking for free patterns, Beading Daily's got lots; just click the "Free Resources" tab at the top of the screen. Btw, I was in Manchester a couple three summers ago visiting, and also trundled down to Norfolk.  The North country is so very beautiful.  The weather is very much like it is here, so I was quite comfortable.  I really didn't miss going to London at all.  A very large city like that is actually very dangerous for someone with my injuries. If I were to fall and get hurt there, I could become permanently paralysed.  I was much happier being able to see the countryside.  I'm not particularly fond of doing the "touristy" things.  I want to be able to experience the culture.  The Northerners are wonderfully friendly, and they didn't want me to leave!  I think they liked my accent, because whilst I'm currently living in NY, I was born and grew up in Virginia, so I have a Southern accent that actually sounds rather similar to an English accent!  Oh, and I was introduced to Lush whilst there and now am completely addicted!  I love their "Honey, I Washed the Kids" soap.  It's brilliant!  It smells like a gourmet food store when you walk in!  I actually almost ate something! (lol)

Well, any road, hope that info helps, and welcome to the group!

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 5
lizzie4458 wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 5:41 AM

hi val,

thanks for welcoming me, i live in a smallish village called fordham, im inbetween newmarket and ely, and 3 miles from soham. iwe live in a bungalow which is for disabled and over 60's, its ok for us, and i have a west highland white ***, shes had the op, so i cant breed from her, i wouldnt want to do that. she is so loveable, she thinks in her mum. she gets spoilt rotten.

when you say you have relations in norfolk do you mean in the u.k.?

im about 50 miles from norwich, bolton is further afield.

the pic thats ive put on is done in an oil, im selling the pics i have, when i get my website up i'll email you.

do you have skype? im going to get it, so i can speak to people and its free, hooray

speak soon,

im off to have a blood test

lizzie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 2:44 PM

Hi, Lizzie!

Ooops, I've responded to you twice! (g)  Okay, I know where you live.  Yes, my cousin lives in Sprouse, in Norwich, Norfolk.  My other cousin lives in Bolton, Manchester.  Norfolk, England is quite beautiful.  There's actually lots of similarities between Norfolk, England and Norfolk, VA, interestingly. I can say with authority now, as I've been to both!

I do have Skype!  I love that it's free so I can talk to Ginger and Suze on a regular basis.  We miss each other, and Skype is the perfect solution. 

Oh, Zoe and Mac have been fixed, too.  They don't seem to care one jot! (g)  They're upstairs now, having their afternoon nap with Dad in the main house.  I live downstairs in the flat.

Caught the series premiere of Downton Abbey last night.  Gave me lots of ideas for jewellery.  Do you watch it?  I confess it's quite the guilty pleasure!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
WrapNBeads wrote
on Jan 8, 2013 3:33 AM

Hello Lizzie!  Yes

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 8, 2013 5:12 AM

Welcome,Lizzie, this is really an awesome forum, I do believe you would achieve your goal here! 

Best wishes for your recovery, be optimistic, everything would be all right!! :)

Nice ideas for reusing the Christmas baubles to raise funds, I would focus on the baubles, I would have information left here as soon as I figured out. Wink

Do believe everything would be OK, please be optimistic !!! :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS