I think, everyone should be required to give infomation about themselves.

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 10:16 PM

This is my last post for this year. Everyday in the news, we hear about people who go online, and pretend to be someone they are not.

Well count me odd, old fashion, or just old.Smile  I like to see the person(person's photo) and know who they are, where do they live. (not their house # or city, but at least what country they are in)

With so many of the "New Members" there is no bio, we could be communicating with a convict in Prison.(They do have internet priviliges)

Okay, I maybe dense, but if anyone wants info about you, and your on the internet, it is simple to check out your IP addresss. so, what is the big secret!

Ok, just my opinion.

Happy new year

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Not Ranked
Posts 11
on May 9, 2013 9:25 AM

Hi Mary, 

I am new to this site and just looking through some posts and reading around. I just saw your. I actually really agree with you. I think its nice to know who people are. 
I think people could give a back story, so people get to know each other a bit better, rather than just their jewelry. Everyone has an interesting story, why not share it!

Boho Beach Jewelry

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BohoBeachJewelry 

http://pinterest.com/bohobeachjewelr

Not Ranked
Posts 8
vleeme wrote
on May 11, 2013 9:35 AM

hello Mary and hobo, and all...i would like to address this issue. i introduced myself when i first started wandering around this site because i just thought it was right to do. you got my name, but i think you never realized that some of us can't give you a life history. first of all, i didn't come here to talk about myself, cause i don't really have an ego. i won't tell you where i was or where i am. some of us might have an abusive spouse or ex who would recognize things you want to know. we might be "hiding" but we still want to have a life, or put one together for that matter. it's not being anti-social, it's about being safe. didn't mean to be such a windbag about it, it's just been bothering me ever since i read the posts. i wish you love, light and happy beadingWink

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on May 11, 2013 7:05 PM

Ladies -- If you are interested, there is another thread with the same subject line (same title) in this forum (3 pages).  The other thread will give you a better idea on what was going on at the time and why.  Live and learn -- just be careful.

Ottercat Coffee

05-11-13 (1705 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS