Ogalala Obsession

This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 3:10 PM

Still mesmerized by the Ogalala stitch I made this necklace. I wanted the clasp to be invisible but I didn't have the means to do that. This is the end result.

Ogalala stitch is so versatile. It's very wild but when you sew it in the way I did in this necklace, you can sort of tame the wildness and get neat rounds.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 4:06 PM

I love that piece Karin!!! - great design & colors and your clasp is a perfect match!!  Thanks for sharing.

Happy New Year,

Ricki

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 244
beadinstyle wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 4:09 PM

Wow, Karin, that is amazing. Beautiful, organic, and fascinating. I don't know Ogalala stich, gonna check it out! Congratulations!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 8:14 PM

This is really gorgeous! 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 2:35 AM

It's beautiful, Karin; especially the colors.  Hope you get to make the invisible clasp version soon.

Ottercat Coffee

12-29-12 (0034 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 6:22 AM

Karin, that is so mesmerizing-- I love it!  The clasp is so clever you don't really even notice it unless you take a good look.

BTW, we got 6" of snow.  I'm less than delighted.Angry  I don't like this kind of weather anymore, especially when I have to drive in it!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 11:36 AM

Thank you all.

@KipperCat: what a terrific new avatar you have!

@Sarah: hope so too and make it in a different colourscheme.

@ Val: the days are lengthening. Hold on! Be brave!

Happy New Year everybody.

Best wishes from Karin.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
snybee wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 4:42 PM

This is really pretty, Karin. Great color choices!

Sandy

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Dec 30, 2012 12:35 PM

Wow!! looks like lots of hard work and beads!! Surprise

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 30, 2012 7:31 PM

It is hard work, Gopika and it involves an awful lot of beads. The hardest thing is not to get your thread tangled up in the ruffles that are already there. But like with everything, you get used to it and automatically find the best way to hold your work.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 3:48 AM

Karin: just got 2 more inches today.  Temps going doen in the teens at night.(that's Farenheit, not Celsius.)  Wind chill is already bringing daytime temp down to single digits, below zero at night.  Have I told you lately how much I HATE this weather?!  Found out why I'm so exhausted, sluggish and mopey- my Vit. D level is nonexistant!Surprise  Avg. person's level is supposed to be 40u/ml.  Mine is 8u/ml! So now I'm taking 5000iu's of Vit.D  every day, which works out to 35,000iu's a week.  In other words, between living in an area that gets no sun, and my kidneys being fried......well, you can figure out the rest!  I need to go live on a tropical island!Paradise  Designing tropical jewelry on a tropical island.......oh, yeah!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 11:37 AM

Oh Val, wish I could make your dream come true................ Is your beach appartment ready yet? That would be a start.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 1, 2013 3:52 AM

Me too, sigh.....Crying  The carpets have been laid at last, and I've got plenty of money in gift cards to this wonderful shop called Bed, Bath and Beyond.  If you went in, you would never want to leave!  My mother and I are absolutely wild for it.  It has all kinds of wonderful items for your home; gadgets for the kitchen, dish services, crystal, pots and pan; storage bins of all shapes and sizes for any room in your home, organizers for your drawers, your closets; draperies, blinds, bed linens, duvets, towels, washcloths........you name it, they've got it!  Now you get an idea of why my mum and I love it there so much.  I even foun some lovely art for my walls- beachy, of course!  I have never had a home of my own to decorate any way I pleased, so I'm sure you can tell how excited I am.  My dad will have my new workbench set up soon, so I can finish sorting and setting up my new studio.  Then I will have my grand opening!  I'm excited......and nervous!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 1, 2013 3:58 AM

Hey Val,

You could come out to southern California (SoCal), if you don't mind 54 F (high) and 36 F (low) with lots of sunshine (in my area).  The temps are lower than the norm and it finally dried up for the Rose Parade today.  My sister lives in Ohio -- burrrr!  Hope you feel better soon.

Ottercat Coffee

01-01-13 (0158 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 1, 2013 10:30 PM

It's better thsn low 20's in the daytime and teens to single digits at night BEFORE the wind chill, Sarah!  I'm dying up here! Right now it's only 10 bloody degrees!  I must say, though, it makes me very grateful for Mac and Zoe; they are excellent heaters!  they frequently have contests, to see who can snuggle against me the tightest.It's funny, but just a tad annoying, 'cos it feels like they're trying to burrow directly into my side.  Ow!

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS