What is your favorite online store/website to buy jewelry making equipment?

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 16
AnnieCStudio wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 11:50 AM

So, without a doubt I've bought many things online. But, that's all been within the pages of Ebay. I'm looking to search outside the box and continue buying but from other websites. What's your favorite website/store you recommend that sells beads/jewelry making equipment? :) Share away!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,364
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 12:50 PM

It really depends on what you buy.............. Rio Grande is best for professional materials, Fire Mountain has a ton of different stuff and places like C&GG Beads are tops for wholesale purchases of delicas and other beads like that.

So what are you buying? Way too many good online bead stores to even start guessing at. I stopped buying on ebay years ago, too many scam artists and cheap products, so you see we are all different in what we buy and probably at what prices and qualities. Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 16
AnnieCStudio wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 10:09 PM

I agree with the Ebay experience. Although, I've had both positive and negative experiences.  But, I'm just trying to look outside of Ebay see what else is out there. At the moment I'm not looking for anything in particular other than jewelry making equipment oh and rocks! But since I'm still building up my jewelry inventory I still need to buy more of  the basics; string,wire,beads it's fine! :) I haven't visited Fire Mountain or Rio Grande, I'll make sure to check it out. Thank you for the suggestions!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,364
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 12:36 AM

I think you will find Rio Grande has more choices in higher end tools and a humungous variety of quality wires.......to me more for the total professional silversmith or stone setter would buy. Fire Mountain has tons of tools and wires and torches but more in a medium grade. This is great for users who are not sure they want/need professional level stuff. Like a person who is not sure they want to do metalwork, as opposed to beadwork. You wouldn't end up with a gazillion bucks invested in tools that you decide you won't use. With Fire Mountain you would get very workable tools that will last a very reasonable amount of time. Both high caliber online stores. Also.........sign up and pay for the biggie catalog from Fire Mtn., I think it is $5 but you get a $5 coupon to use. Their catalog is a treasure trove of rocks and gems and like a thousand pages of goodies, color printing is great for matching things, and most items are phtographed in actual size, if not it says so. Geeez, I sound like a sales person for them, but they are truly good. Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 16
AnnieCStudio wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 6:23 AM

Haha @ the sales person comment! But, wow I totally understand why there's so much to say about it. I checked out their site and it's filled with stuff. Can't believe I didn't know about it any sooner. I like the fact it's all related to one main thing as where on Ebay, I'd have to search and feel lucky. Again, thank you thank you for taking your time to show me these two great sites. I have a feeling I'm going to be lurking around the sites for hours :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 465
shanks wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 3:12 PM

Cheep tools is what you get from 8 Seasons and Pandahall, very cheep!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS