A sight for beader's eyes

This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Dec 6, 2012 2:11 PM

Look what i found in a trade fair in my city.. A stall full of beaded decorations Big Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Dec 6, 2012 4:04 PM

WOW, WOW, WOW! :)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 4:07 PM

holy cow i get blind, so much colors, you got a passion for that too don't you :), very nice, thanks for the eyecandy :)

Greetings

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 1:41 AM

O.......M........G!!!!!!!  That's Beader's Paradise!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 3:38 AM

Wonderful

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Dec 7, 2012 12:02 PM

Well even I had the same words going in my mind too.. I went there again today but the shopkeeper got cranky and had a row with my husband and father-in-law.. Which was sad.. but on bright side I managed to get some more pics Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 2:04 PM

Men, sigh...... I like the little dolly thingies hanging at the bottom of your first shot.  What the heck did they say, anyway, to cheese off the shopkeeper?  Or was he just in a contrary mood?Confused

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 3:22 PM

yeah. so many beads,colours & inspiration!!! Big Smile

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Dec 8, 2012 12:57 PM

Val, we were looking for something of size 54" to decorate the top of the door at the entrance. But he didn't have the size the day before but told us to come next day.. we went there and he gave us his stock in bags to look through. Me, my mum-in-law and sis-in-law looked through them but couldn't find anything of the size so we packed his stuff back and were looking for some other decoration. the guy was getting cranky that we were there in the shop for 1/2 hr and didn't buy anything. He didn't appreciate the fact that we packed his things too. Finally my husband liked something and the guy was overcharging it. my father-in-law wanted to bargain but the guy said something bad which i couldn't overhear but it was enough for my hubby and father to have a row wid him. 

Seems like the man was over the clouds when he came to know that i beaded too but my work was bit on lower level than his. I appreciated everything there but he had no appreciation for mine. He was being proud and all. Finally in the end it has been decided i will make the same stuff to hang over our door which i think will take me 6 mnths to make considering Indian ppl don't put their designs in the magazines. *Sigh* 

Sorry ppl bored u all with this loooooong story Big Smile

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 249
beadinstyle wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Sad your relationship didn't prosper :-(  but happy you got the pics to show us. It's a stunning vision! Thanks

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 11:42 PM

Gopika,

He got snippy because you were being polite and putting things back?!  And then he got nasty at hub just 'cos he wanted to dicker?!!  And to top it all off he got snobby 'cos he thought he was a better beader than you??!!!!!!!  OMG, what cheek!  Excuse my bad language everyone, but what a jerkoff!  So what if you wanted to browse for awhile before you selected something, IF you decided to buy anything at all?!  I am absolutely outraged on your behalf!  Creep!  I'd tell him to put his stuff where the sun don't shine, and I'd be making sure to tell other people what a nasty, rude little man he is and not to shop at his business.  That'll fix his wagon!  Ooooooooooooooooo!!!!Super Angry(smoke coming out of ears)

When I do any kind of shopping I like to potter around for awhile before I make up my mind, especially where beads are concerned.  As a fellow beader, I'm sure you like to touch eveything, too, before you decide what you're going to purchase.  I am an extremely tactile person.  I experience my world primarily through touch.  This is why I miss having a local bead store so much.  I went there to socialize as much as I did to buy stuff.

Well, in the end, I hope everything works out for you, sweetie.

Hugs!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Dec 9, 2012 3:54 AM

Gopika,

Don't let it get you down.  You'll soon out-do him; levels above his (wonder if all the pieces are his work?).

Ottercat Coffee

12-09-12 (0154 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Dec 9, 2012 1:09 PM

Thanks for ur support Val and Ottercat (hugs both).. All that drama is now past and now I can see myself making different design of the same stuff in the pictures above for home.. It will take me around 3-4 months making the decorations now.. Big Smile Your support for suggestions is welcome.. .

Every beader loves to touch beads.. I touched his work and saw them all.. they were all thread based..It is cheap for them and easier to make.. but when time passes after a year or two, the threads loosens up.. So if anyone thinks of making these decorations, try using fireline to make it last longer...

Most of the decoration are for the top of the door... the long hangings are generally hung on the both sides of the door. (following image taken from google)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 9, 2012 5:02 PM

Anytime! (the butthead, anyway!  Grrrrrrr!)

Are you designing decorations for the house now, or more for the temple?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Dec 10, 2012 2:05 PM

Now the decorations are for house entrance door.. :) 

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS