bead keeping system

This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Nov 24, 2012 11:11 PM

Hi everyone, My name is Pam, I am new to this forum.

I receive the beading daily newsletter daily in my inbox. I am searching for the name of the beading tote/organizer I read about in one of the Beading Daily newsletters recently.

I would say within the last 60 days. It was fabulous! it has sm. med & lrg bead containers and all lock down so as not to spill. The lady in the article, or maybe it was just an advert. if it was is was in depth and lengthy. anyhow, she was explaining how you can order the different size keepers and pretty much customize your system to meet your needs. If anyone has any idea what it is I am talking about, please post a reply. My hubby wants to know what I need for Christmas and would love to show him this. Thank you in advance.

Pam. Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 389
wmweeza wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 6:24 PM

not sure if this is remotely what you want

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Nov 25, 2012 6:31 PM

No, but thank you for the reply. This may be what I end up doing till I can find out what the name of the one I am looking for is. On goes the search. Thanks weeza! Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,566
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 7:33 PM

Pam, go to Fire Mountain Gems and look under organizers, then under carrying cases.......... the list is on the left of the screen.............there are some really nice yellow and clear cases that have different sized and different number of sections to each individual case that goes into the organizer. It all snaps down securely and I just saw one the other day at our bead society meeting. She loves it because she got some extra "drawers" and can keep beads in some, threads, pearls, etc. and change them in and out as needed. This may or may not be what you saw, but they are nice and efficient. Personally, I bought a bunch of pencil boxes from the local everything store, and they snap shut enough for me, and I stack them into a generic tote bag. But that's me. I also keep any UFO's (unfinished objects) that I want to finish in them.......Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Nov 25, 2012 7:55 PM

Thanks Donna! 

I was poking around there, but need to go back and check it out! I am such a freak about having separate storage for all my crafts. I am a soap maker by trade, so that takes up most of my space and kind of takes over. If I have a space just for my beading it is more likely to survive! haha! I will go have a look see. Thanks again!Yes

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 11:31 PM

Warm Welcome to Beading Daily.

Containers sound interesting.

I switched to "harbor Frieght" for storage containers for my beading, crafts and PMC.. the fishing tackle boxes come in a wide variety of sizes and stack and store.

(They also sell online here in the USA, not sure where you are.)

Best of Luck!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 2:01 AM

Pam,

Was this it?  Bead Storage Tray

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Nov 26, 2012 8:59 AM

Cat & Donna,

Yes! that is it! The only difference is she had it all organized in a tote/ carrier. Thank you all soooo! very much! Yay!! I am so excited! Now hubby can get me this for Christmas! Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,566
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 1:12 PM

Oh, I remember those............. a bit smallish for my purposes, but looks very efficient. Especially with the wide variety of sizes of containers.

One small word of warning though.......they come with "removable" labels................do not use the removables for permanent markings. I got totally "smart" about two years ago and bought several boxes of labels from Avery not noticing they were "removable".......... I have all the colors of 11/o delicas and almost all the finishes, so about 1,000 of those, then I have some various quantities of Toho 15/o, 8/o and 6/o (I like Toho for those sizes). Well now I am suffering because two years down the line the labels are all just falling off. I am now picking them up as they fall off and taping them back on to the flip top boxes. These were all brand new boxes, so no big excuse like hand oil or dirt. Ugh, what a mess. My friend uses her computer generated list of beads and just cuts them and stuffs them into the actual container.

For the price, that looks like a good deal for a holiday gift you will just love. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS