Where can I find?

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
jrgeer wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 6:13 PM

Where can I get an ear wire making tool as described in the latest issue of Beading Daily?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,471
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 6:26 PM

Can you give a specific location on this site that you saw the item described? There are many ways to make earwires, jigging tools, hand tools, etc. Give a location and I'll help you as best I can. With your background you could do a simple i-net search, but a name or brand would help. Donna

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 564
Beadiecat wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 12:59 PM

Is this the one?  I found it on Amazon called Easy Ear Wire.

(you'll have to copy and paste the link because I cannot post live links on here)

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Ear-Wire-Findings-Earring/dp/B004HMT11Q

Cat

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 5:47 PM

Cat, that's the one I saw in BD's weekend newsletter, so if that's what you're wanting, I say go for it.  The price doesn't seem horrendous.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,471
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 9:48 PM

Wow, just went and watched the video on this..........if this is the ONLY style ear wire you want to make, it is pretty cool. But in looking at that same style ear wire, prices in FMG catalog, gold plate $8/50 pairs and stainless $3/50 pairs, so that makes it seem a bit pricey. If you want to make a variety of styles of earwires, you might be better off with one of the other plastic jigs that Beadaholic sells on their web site at lots less $$. However it is a cool item.

If you are doing this for craft fair type of items, people with sensitive skin will inquire and you could offer a change up to gold for additional $$, or they can do what I do and go home and change out the ear wire to my favorite which is a lever back. But it does offer you a tool to make lots of that style of ear wire. If you get it, give us a holler back and let us know what you think of it.

Someone spent many nights dreaming up that little beauty. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS