Bead naming help

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 11
on Nov 3, 2012 2:52 PM

I have some jewlery that's made with higher quality plastic beads. I don't want to list the jewlery on my website as being made simply with plastic beads, but I also want to be honest and make sure that the customer knows what they are buying. So I'd like to know, what are some other words for plastic beads that you guys might know or use on your websites. Thanx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 5:01 PM

There really isn't much else that you can call them, if you want to be honest.  You can say high-quality plastic, like you did here.  Then maybe add what they look like, such as looks like glass, looks like pearls, looks like acrylic, etc.  Speak of the benefit that they're lightweight.  Take some close-up pictures so the customer can see the quality.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,506
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 6:31 PM

vacation is good,

There are many types of plastic used in jewelry...........celluloid, lucite, acrylic are some more common ones. There was a light weight plastic used maybe in the 60's that was called seafoam, but I don't believe it is around now, ditto with celluloid. If you made the jewelry item, go back to where you bought the beads and ask there what kind of plastic it is. If you re-used old broken necklaces to make new ones, just use the term plastic and let it go at that. Use the descriptive words that Cat suggested and say you do not know what specific plastic it is. Honesty is the best policy and otherwise you would be more likely to get returns for misrepresentation. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS