Anybody know of a beginner project for peanut beads

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 19
on Oct 29, 2012 1:35 PM

Hello all,

I haven't been around much of late and hope I'm not imposing....  Today I have the 'problem' of being stuck inside awaiting Hurricane Sandy's onslaught but have some new peanut beads that I don't know what to do with. They are gorgeous! Found them at a bead show yesterday. I bought 3 strands each of 2 reds. One is matte & the other is glossy; they each have a sort of purplish/blue/almost AB finish. Can't take my eyes off them!  Now, what to do with them. Arrrggghhh......

Thanks a bunch

Peggy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 249
beadinstyle wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 4:50 PM

Hi Peggy. I know all the talented seed beaders here will have lots of lovely examples of what to do with peanut beads, but I string them. I get the gemstone ones when I can, but the seedie ones are good too. I love the way they stack - it gives texture and width and interest. I don't often post stuff, but I'm hoping you get something to look at while the storm blows around you. Keep safe and I hope you come through

unscathed.    

Best wishes, Ruth                  

Not Ranked
Posts 19
on Oct 29, 2012 5:33 PM

What pretty pieces, Ruth! You are right, just stringing does show off the shape of the peanut beads nicely. (I failed to mention in my post that mine are of the seedie type)  Your darker red bracelet - is that a gemstone? I really like it.

Thanks for your suggestion

Peggy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 249
beadinstyle wrote
on Oct 30, 2012 12:21 AM

Thanks Peggy, and yes its red tiger-eye. 

Ruth

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 565
Beadiecat wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 1:31 AM

Do you mean the Superduos or twin beads with two holes?  Debger Designs has quite a few patterns in her shop that use them, and her patterns are easy to follow.

Cat

Not Ranked
Posts 19
on Oct 31, 2012 5:25 PM

Thanks for the reply & info, Cat.   However, the beads I have are about 2x4mm with a single hole in the middle. The glass on either side of the stringing hole is fairly thin and they naturally stack crisscrossed if they are just strung.

Peggy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 565
Beadiecat wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 5:09 PM

Peggy, I just received my Dec2012/Jan2013 Beadwork magazine in the mail, and right on the cover are some beautiful bangles made with peanut beads!  I think (I hope I'm right this time Smile ) that those are the ones you have.  The project is on page 68 and is called Perfect Peanut Bangle.

Cat

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS