Hello!

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
FauxGiovanni wrote
on Oct 25, 2012 2:52 PM

Hi,

My name is Glenessa Taylor and I primarily create bead loom pieces. I occasionally do some stringing methods but my heart belongs to the bead loom. :-) I look forward to learning from all of you! :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,359
D.M.Z wrote
on Oct 25, 2012 3:47 PM

Glenessa, well you are in the minority here, not a lot of dedicated loomers on this forum. The beadwork here ranges from simple stringing to amazing art pieces. But, us loomers need to stick together. I took classes to learn all the other stitches, and used to string stuff a while back. I am experimenting with 3D effects in my loomed pieces. Another member here Erin, does 3D things on her loom and is publishing a book to be out next year that will be an absolute necessity I believe. Another major loom person here is Georgia G. who has done some really faboo pieces. Most of my work is done in an adaptation of "no warps" method where at the end of the piece you only have to finish off 2, 3 or 4 threads. I have a picture in the gallery of my second to last piece, 8x8 and 460+ colors. Click on my "dmz" at the top of this message and you'll see my picture.

Welcome and let us see what you do............Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 305
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 25, 2012 4:29 PM

Hello Giovanni,

welcome in the Forums, you both just made me nosy about bead loom, i am german and didn't translate yet for me which technic that is, so i will find out now. Looking forward to see and hear more of you!

Happy Chatting and Beading ;).

Cya

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
FauxGiovanni wrote
on Oct 25, 2012 8:27 PM

Thanks for welcoming me Donna! I'm pretty much a novice to intermediate beader. Right now I'm working on bead loom bracelets and finishing them with the selvage method. I also glue ribbon clamps to the ends and add magnetic clasps, charms, or toggle clasps. Nothing to advanced, but I'm looking forward to expanding my skill set and working on more advanced pieces and patterns. A few of my pieces are in my Etsy store linked below. Also, 3-D pieces? Absolutely amazing. :-)

www.etsy.com/shop/GlennandThem

Not Ranked
Posts 3
FauxGiovanni wrote
on Oct 25, 2012 8:29 PM

Thanks for welcoming me Aunty Akoya!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS