who loves nice affordable jewelry

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Oct 24, 2012 2:10 AM

please let me know some of your favorite jewelry places to shop and or businesses. I would love to hear where everyone shops

Not Ranked
Posts 20
stubblytroll wrote
on Oct 24, 2012 11:12 PM

Would love to help you but I don't buy or wear jewelry, just make it.  Now isn't that weird.  Hi, by the way.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 26, 2012 1:32 AM

Are you asking where I purchase my jewelry?  I don't, because I'm a designer and I prefer to wear my own designs, Boutique V. 

Now if you're wondering where I like to shop for my jewelry supplies?  Well, that's a whole different ball of wax!  Since my local bead store closed in May, the only places left around here are Michaels, AC Moore and JoAn Fabric and Craft, which are all big box stores.  They do in a pinch, such as if I'm running low on findings, but I'm not terribly fond of their selection of stones.  Basically, I shop online.

I have three absolute favorites that I've been doing business with for several years: Fire Mountain Gems, Lima Beads and Beadaholiqiue.  All three have excellent reputations, customer service, product and return service, though I'm happy to say I've never had to make use of the last.

Hope this helps!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote

Are you asking where I purchase my jewelry?  I don't, because I'm a designer and I prefer to wear my own designs, Boutique V. 

Now if you're wondering where I like to shop for my jewelry supplies?  Well, that's a whole different ball of wax!  Since my local bead store closed in May, the only places left around here are Michaels, AC Moore and JoAn Fabric and Craft, which are all big box stores.  They do in a pinch, such as if I'm running low on findings, but I'm not terribly fond of their selection of stones.  Basically, I shop online.

I have three absolute favorites that I've been doing business with for several years: Fire Mountain Gems, Lima Beads and Beadaholiqiue.  All three have excellent reputations, customer service, product and return service, though I'm happy to say I've never had to make use of the last.

Hope this helps!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote

Hope this helps!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 20
stubblytroll wrote
on Oct 30, 2012 11:34 AM

Hi, I misunderstood your message.  I understand now that you mean where do we like to shop for jewelry supplies.  I am a little slow sometimes and you have to talk slowly and use large hand signs, LOL.  Anyway, I, of course, use Firemountain Beads, and I like EE Beads, not sure it I have that spelled properly.  Haven't shopped there in a while.  I will have to check out your other two favorite places.  I, too, enjoy learning about goodly places to shop for jewelry sipplies.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 30, 2012 11:36 PM

OMG, how did that message post THREE times?  Jees, now y'all will think I'm pompous and full of myself!  Sorry!

Please do try Lima and Beadaholique.  They are smaller, but some of their stuff is more specialized and at super duper prices.I know Kevin Sly personally at Lima. He's terrific to do business with.  Warning: stay away from his Big Green Bead Machine!  It's EXTRMELY addictive!(lol)  I've gotten some really fab deals....which is why I try to stay away fromit, too!  I spend waaaaaay too much money on the Machine!(lol)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 20
stubblytroll wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 10:48 AM

I will try to remember about Lima.  I find Fire Mountain too adictive, myself.  But I will check out Lima, as well.  Lack of long green with the short future will  keep me from being addicted to even Fire Mountain right now.  As how you got posted three times?  Beats me.  I am 'puter illiterate and you are bound to find that anything has happened to my posts.  I find I will write something, then unexplainably, it will mostly be gone.  And the cat isn't  have to backtrack and fix it.  Why this doesn't happen to my children, I don't understand.  Their father, God rest, was a self-taught 'puter genuis, and they have his abilities, not mine.  I am getting better, but........  Is that your picture?  You are very pretty.  BTW, my gate swings to men, just in case you wonder, just like to give compliments where they are due.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 12:52 PM

Yes, that's actually me, for better or worse!(lol)  Aw, shucks, thanks!Embarrassed  Oh, me too, But I'll take a compliment.  Took me many years just to learn how to say thanks.  Never really thought I was all that much, so when I would get complimented, I'd always be looking around to see who they were talking to.

Oh yes, FMG is quite addicting, especially when they're having their dollar sales!  I try to be careful tough since I live on a fixed income.  I like your expression, though; that's funny!

I swear, gremlins get into my computer sometimes!  ARGH!  Either that, or my dog Zoe is IM'ing her buddies again.(lol)  She likes to coerce little brother Mac into doing it, too.  They are West Highland White Terriers, or Westies for short.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS