Free gifts

This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 11
on Oct 20, 2012 4:34 AM

Hi. I just finished reading a thread where someone was talking about them giving there customers a free gift with each purchase. I was wondering what would constitute as a really inexpensive but attractive gift that could potentially result in the customers returning to your website? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanx.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 10:54 AM

with my customers view: what i like when i can choose between some gifts, depending on how much you have ordered like a scale., or if the shop is changing the gifts sometimes in the year. a good variety is nice, something useful like: a nice clasp or pretty bags,  and then something colorful (allways looks nice and inviting) like glasbeads or some bargain gemstones or a cute charm.

what could you do wrong, i was allways thankful for every piece i got gifted and some gifts made me trying new things and going back to buy some more, maybe lots people think so?

Greetings

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,947
SEllen 2 wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 1:16 PM

Hi-

In my opinion it would depend on what your website is selling. If you're selling beading supplies then like Aunty Akoya who doesn't like to get a free sample. A single bead or finding of somekind always pleases me. Or I've even received a simple metal ruler it's small and will fit into my beading bag if I'm on the go.

But, if you are selling finished pieces then that's different. I know someplaces put in candies/sweets.  I'm not a big fan of this though, I have too many family members that have issues with sugar. They can also melt depending on how hot the place is your shipping them to is. But I know lots of people enjoy getting little sweet treats with their packages.

I received a small little trinket box with one of my orders once. It was small but cute little box I used it on my window sill in the kitchen to put my rings in when I had alot of dishwashing to do.*L* But it could have also been given as a small gift to maybe the babysitter or something. So, it was useful.

You could also give one of those drawstring pouches that has the anti-tarnishing property to keep their piece in. Or a nice jewelry roll for traveling so their chains and things don't get all tangled up when they travel. You can find some nice DIY projects for the jewelry rolls so they don't have to cost a great deal of money.

Then there are those that instead of including a free "gift" they simply give you a small discount on your next purchase.(Which to me is a gift as well.) Or a discount on the next purchase if they have a friend that buys something from you too. Or  they offer free gift wrapping.

I don't know if these are anything that you would consider but maybe they will spark an idea for you.

Good Luck

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 3:21 PM

hello again,

oh yes i didn't think of finished pieces, how thoughtless, that i find more difficult, which present to give there.

Ellens example with the trinket box or, with maybe the ordered jewelery in it, is a very good idea, that would find for sure appretions from a lot of people. I got there two times a very cute one and they are still in use. As well if it is a cute bag, like a organza bag or velvet one, i know that all of my friends and myself are collecting them.

And a cute metal charm on a very little keyring is allways a nice thing too, which gives a good bandwith, so it wouldnt be allways the same one and its quick to make.

Something i wouldn't like and would not send myself if i would sell, is things like pen or lighter, which is popular, but a bit boring and in every household anyway.

Greetings

May the beads be with you!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
on Oct 20, 2012 6:15 PM

Thanx for the suggestions everyone

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,947
SEllen 2 wrote
on Oct 21, 2012 11:17 AM

Just bumping up to get spammer of the top of the page.

Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 17
tumblebead wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 11:55 PM

Whenever I've purchased beading supplies, the seller includes a freebie.  It's usually a few beads or findings.  A couple of years ago my husband ordered me a pair of earrings from an etsy shop.  The seller included a discount card towards a future purchase.  I think that if you're selling finished pieces, a discount card or a small item (something inexpensive and quick such as a small dangle to clip onto a handbag, backpack etc).  Personally I wouldn't expect a free item with a finished piece of jewelry but it's nice when suppliers include a couple of free samples. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Oct 24, 2012 2:20 AM

i own trishonnastrends.com where i sell my handmade jewelry and moe, and the "free" gifts i give is some type of coupon with the purchase this attracts loyal customers as well as you making more than you lose

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Oct 25, 2012 11:07 AM

I usually include a coupon code for my customers to use on their next purchase. I occasionally slip in  a pair of free earrings or a ring if the order is large and it seems like the customer would appreciate the freebie, but usually, the coupon code is enough. Cute, safe packaging and a thank you note will make your customers feel appreciated without you having to break the bank giving away freebies.

However, when I order form supply sellers, freebies are the BEST. ;-)

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Nov 15, 2012 1:03 PM

I have an etsy shop for my jewelry.  I always give a free pair of Swarovski crystal earrings.  It may not be the most inexpensive item to give away, but I feel like the customer is king and if I can give them a quality free gift and not something they  would never be able to use, they will be more likely to become a repeat customer :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlimmerandGleam

https://www.facebook.com/GlimmerAndGleam

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS