Wire Wrapping Silverware

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
RBead wrote
on Nov 21, 2008 7:11 AM

Hello.  I just joined beading daily and am interested in getting information on how to wire and bead wrap silverware.  Does anyone know of books or tutorials on this subject?

Thanks

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
labup wrote
on Jan 10, 2010 5:42 PM

I have never seen anything specific to doing wire wrap on silverware but I would think there are a lot of techniques out there that would be adaptable to this.  There are many free tutorials on YouTube for wire wrap.  They might give you some ideas.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jan 10, 2010 9:45 PM

Welcome RBead ~ You may want to try the library or a bookstore for: "Wonderful Wire Works Decorative Craft", its available in paperback for $10.76 or hardcover for $12.50 at Amazon.  Good Luck & please share pictures of your silverware creationsGeeked

http://www.amazon.com/Wonderful-Wire-Works-Decorative-Craft/dp/1402744064

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Jan 12, 2010 8:09 PM

I'm not sure if this will give you any inspiration, the thread is on 'beading silverware';

http://www.beadingdaily.com/forums/p/5080/53323.aspx#53323

The next post in this thread gives a link which may or may not help, too.

Good luck in your search.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 66
Roni Lynn wrote
on Jan 12, 2010 10:09 PM

I love playing with wire! Last year I decided to play with craft wire (silver color), glass beads and wisks.  I went for cheap simply because I was playing.  The result was pretty. I ended up with several different methods. I culed the end of the wire and placed it in the small hole at the end of the handle strung a bunch af beads on the wire then began to wrap  the wire around the handle. Once i got to the end of the handle I  continued wrapping back up the handle for security. Tucked the end of the wire under the curl and was done. The other way I made a curl (coil) at the end of the wire and placed it at the end of the handle, placed beads on the wire and cut the wire a little longer than the handle of the coffee scoop I was working on curled that end as well and bent it down into the dip of the scoop. After that I took a second peice of wire and wrapped aroun the handle going between each bead. I gave these for Christmas presents last year (2008) and they are holding up very well.  I have even placed them in the dishwasher.  I have more comments on my coffee scoops and wisks than much anything else I do.  Relax and just have fun!

Roni

God loves us all! Angel

Not Ranked
Posts 1
michelhain wrote
on Jan 28, 2010 12:12 AM

Hi Once look this site ...may be you can get info ...braybrook.co.uk/...

pandora beads

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
labup wrote
on May 14, 2010 4:01 PM

Roni:  Can you show us some pictures?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 32
on Jun 29, 2011 3:50 AM

Wire and bead wrap looks new to me. However, you should check out some good tutorials on youtube. You can go through this video that I found pretty informative - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6uNxSruFV0

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS