HelloHello, another beadmad newbie

This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 12:06 AM

Karin,

Yup, couple words here and there; whatever somebody's willing to teach me.  I seem to have an aptitude for languages, and even now, I still pick stuff up pretty quick.  My Kenyan brother is even teaching me Swahili!  How cool is that?  My dream is to have a decent working knowledge of lots of different languages, so that if I'm ever fortunate enough to visit some of these countries I can speak to them in their language.  I've discovered they really like that when you do that.  It shows you care enough about them to learn something about them.  Where I live, there is a very large Russian American population.  When I used to work retail, they'd come in my store and shop.  When they found out I spoke Russian, they went nuts!  They were so amazed to hear an American speaking Russian with a Russian accent! (I began learning Russian when I was 12, hence the Russian accent)  So they would go and tell all there friends and their friends would come in to shop and ask for me.  My boss sure liked that, 'cos we got lots more sales!(lol)

Do you think maybe why I can pick up languages is because I was born and spent my childhood down South, then we moved North?  It's weird.  I like it, though.  I can actually mimic a Southern English accent to the point that I can fool the British into believing I'm one of them!  My cousins in England said it's bang on!

Oh, God, now I sound like I'm bragging!  I'm really not; my brain is just a sponge.  I love to learn this stuff.  I'm a history-a-holic, too.  Just saw Gladiatorr Friday and want to research ancient Roman wardrobe and such and maybe design some Roman inspired jewelry.

Sorry I'm being so yappy; I'm rather nervous about the storm,and yapping to you knida taked my mind off it.  I'm almost afraid to go to sleep.  I need to work on trusting God some more instead of just paying Him lip service.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 9:37 AM

Hey Val,

i hope you are well, thinking of you lots, just had look at that storm Sandy online, it so massiv and dangerous for millions of people. Evacuation still going on, the most of it shall come tonight right?... i wish that you all get through it without getting hurt.

Hugs

Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 3:35 PM

We're getting a lot of it already.  Just took another power hit; so I just don't know how much longer we're going to havepower.  We are all settled in, though.  Keep us in your prayers.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 3 of 3 (33 items) < Previous  1 2 3 | RSS