Purple Rain

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 10:16 PM

Okay.  Here is some of the work I've been doing lately.  The earrings were a gift from my dear beading buddy Ricki Ayers.  I loved them so much, I designed a necklace to compliment them.  I was inspired by a pattern out of one of my beading magazines; I just can't remember which one because I have a boatload!  I hope you approve, Ricki!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Oct 10, 2012 2:51 AM

This is a cool design Val.. :) Did u try it on  u? How does it look?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 3:28 AM

Thanks!Embarrassed  It's a nice complement to the earrings.  Sometimes I like to wear more contemporary styled jewelry.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 7:58 AM

Val - I am so glad that you liked your b-day earrings.  I really really like the necklace that you created to compliment them.  I love the mix of chain and the various beads - it all works perfectly together.   I totally approve!!!!   I know what you mean about having so many beading magazines.  It is one of my goals to go through them all and make notes as to what designs and ideas I like out of each one so that when I think about something that I saw and want to go back and find, I don't have to spend hours wading through magazines (and get totally side-tracked along the way as I usually do).  Right now I am on an earring making spree since I sold a bunch at the last craft show I did (earrings were all I sold at that show) and I need to replenish my inventory before the next craft show on 10/20...now all I need to do is find the time.  Between working, going to see my MIL at the care center and going to baseball playoff games (GO CINCINNATI REDS!!) I haven't had much time...

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 9:26 AM

Thanks, Ricki!

They will come in handy for Advent, that is for sure.  I like the magazines and books because they are inspiring, but I don't really like to copy them verbatim, know what I mean?  Everything has to have my own personal spin on it.  I just don't really like to copy.  Besides, what are the chances, really, that I'm going to have the exact materials to work with?  Plus, I'm not going to waste time and money trying to hunt it all down, especially as sterling silver and 14K gold are mega-cost-prohibitive to me. I do make sure none of my stuff is nickel-based, though.

Glad you approve! 

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 1:34 PM

Really nice Val, so glad to see some of your work.

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 3:22 PM

Thanks!  I promise I'll be posting more very soon!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS