REALLY? AGAIN?

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Oct 6, 2012 6:11 PM

I support moderating posts 100 percent if it keeps spammers away or a at a greatly reduced level. HOWEVER, I am not new to this forum and I kind of resent the fact that I am being moderated when I have posted a couple hundred if not more times since I've been a member here.

If EVERYONE that posts in the Reader Showcase is getting moderated then okay, Fair is fair, if not....then I just don't know what to think!

shellie

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Oct 6, 2012 6:22 PM

Hi Shellie,

What do you mean by being moderated? How do you know you are being moderated? I hope I don't sound naive but I really like to know.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,288
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 6, 2012 7:00 PM

Shellie

I have over 2,800 post and am a charter member. And since the change at Beading, I also get moderated when ever I post more than one link. I know it is very troublesome, but I just keep replying and adding one link at a time. So don't feel like a fish out of water, it happens to all of us. except maybe the spammers LOL.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Oct 6, 2012 7:30 PM

Sue- I wish I could say there was a link in my post but It was just pictures in the reader showcase :(

SeaBeads- Sometimes when a post is made (especially if it has links in it) won't actually post until a moderator has approved it. Int his case I knew because after I clicked post a message on the screen said "This post has been sent to a forum that is being moderated. It will post after the approval of a moderator" (or something like that)...

Ya never know how long it will take for the post to be approved (some seem to have taken weeks to be approved)

It's a sincere effort to minimize spammers but sometimes us still dedicated members get caught in the cross-fire. It's only happened to me one other time (as far as I know) but it is still annoying.

I'm going to go see if by any chance my post has been approved yet. It's titled umm......maybe I forgot to title it.....usually it won't post until you title the post though. Hmmm.....

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 6, 2012 11:51 PM

Shellie,

I wish there was some other way they could work this out, especially as that jerk spammer was back yesterday about the stupid carpet cleaning.  I've gotten a post or maybe two stuck in moderator limbo, never to be seen again.  I learned the hard way not to put hyperlinks in my posts anymore.  There has got to be a better way of filtering out the spammers.  Surely there must be some kind of software recognition program that would recognize us regulars?  That can't be that difficult a program to write.Huh?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 933
on Oct 10, 2012 9:11 PM

Does it also happen when the "link" option, in the message window is used, as opposed to writing the hyper link out? I haven't run into any such trouble... Yet :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 1:42 AM

Erin:

You know what?  I can't remember any longer because I just quit doing it, full stop.  I just recommend the websites now, and I quit having trouble.  There was another jerk spammer that got through again earlier today, yet someone legit like Potomac Beads, who truly has helpful info for us, can't get through.  It really hacks me off to no end.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 1:29 PM

i susport "moderators', I get ticked off( I am not a contributor) that spammers get thru and the folks who actually susport "Newbies' and this website(paying for their advertising) we can't list more than one link at a time.

meanwhile, I just keep coming back , there is a wealth of wisdom and helpful people on this site.

Happy Beading

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS