Look what I just got.......new beads!!

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 25
vilcat wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 7:45 AM

Went to the post office yesterday and came home with a nice fat package of beads, oooooooo, another gift from me to me!  This is just a few of the contents of that package, can't wait to play with them, especially the brass mirror and elephant charms.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67549412@N03/

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 8:21 AM

Nice haul -- have fun Big Smile!

Ottercat Coffee

10-05-12 (0620 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,505
D.M.Z wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 12:49 PM

Yummy, I like the elephants, but what really knocked my socks off were the wound looking rosy pinks, then my eye went to the yellows.................. I don't do much with bigger beads, but I own enough of them because I see them and my internal pack rat takes over. What are those mottled blue beads? They look much like those that were recently labeled fire agate (misnomer to the max) but dyed blue instead. Is that what they are? Have fun. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 2:27 PM

Whoa - what a fun batch of beads!!!  There are so many that I like, I can't begin to choose favorites.  May I be so bold as to ask where these were ordered from?  I know you will have lots of fun making many many pretty things from this batch of goodies.  You were most generous to buy yourself such a nice gift.  Enjoy them and don't forget to show us what you make.

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 3:21 PM

Okay, I'm officially hating on you now!(LOL)  I like those sodalite ovals.  They're quite cheery.  REALLY like those chrry colored rounds off to the right; I'm drooling!  Where do you shop?  You must have a tax ID.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 25
vilcat wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 10:33 PM

Ok, Donna and Val, the mottled ovals are dyed jasper and the rosy pink rounds are dyed crazy lace agate.

Ricki and Val, I buy all my beads on eBay , it is a hit or miss kinda deal with the auctions but I have had very few disappointments and have been doing it for close to nine years!  I get amazing deals and have favorite sellers. 

Kathy

ps. All of these beads and findings are from the same seller.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67549412@N03/

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 11:50 PM

I've gotten some beads on eBay, but damn!  You really must luck out and hit the mother lode!  I love crazy lace agate. I got some purple teardrops from Beadaholique at a really good price but I' loathe to use them 'cos I just love to look at them, and hold them, and stroke them....and call them George!(lol- I confess, I've been watching a bit too much Bugs Bunny lately; I LOVE The Abominable Snowman!)

Maybe I should have another look-see at eBay.  I just grew tired of it because it's gotten so commercial.  It's not like it used to be.Sad

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Oct 6, 2012 5:31 AM

I love the purple beads and the brass elephants.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,505
D.M.Z wrote
on Oct 6, 2012 1:32 PM

Kathy, thanks for the info on the beads..............wow, jasper takes on new form, headlines at 11. So maybe that stuff that was marketed as "fire agate" was that same jasper and just dyed a different color, the blue is very cool. And crazy lace agate.........sure now that I squint a bit (and have my other pair of glasses on) I can see they look just like crazy lace.......I'll be darned. I am very disenchanted with ebay and really pretty much have stopped shopping there since they went public, and that was some time ago. Now that I am retired, I have a ton of beads that I can probably never use up in my lifetime, so I shop waaaaay less, but it is fun to see what is on the general commercial market. Most of my work is in loomed flowers, butterflies, dogs, and like that using delicas............  So I get great delight out of seeing what others are using and buying. Thanks for the show and tell. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS