Bracelet display, home made

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
heffalompa wrote
on Oct 2, 2012 7:42 AM

think this turned out really well, if I can say so myself.

I took some sticks and barked them, sanded them a little bit, painted them white, added a few drops of glue, attached it to a weathered piece of wood, and voila!

I will use this in a couple of weeks when i attend my first faire. Good luck to me.Tongue Tied

Laila

For some reason the picture has hidden part of the text, I have fiddled around with it for a while to try to fix it, but hereby give up.Angry

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Oct 2, 2012 11:21 AM

Great job Laila.  I am a huge fan of home-made displays.  While I have puchased a lot of the display pieces I use when I do craft shows , I am always looking for ways to make or re-purpose things around the house as displays.  I like the white - it really shows off the colors of your bracelets and I really like the textured look of the wood.

Good luck at your faire - let us know how you do.  I remember being terrified at the first craft show I did, but I made some sales and found out that I really loved doing shows!

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,520
D.M.Z wrote
on Oct 2, 2012 12:53 PM

Laila, good work! I have a homemade bracelet bar also, but mine uses bamboo as we happened to have a hunk of bamboo just laying around. Store bought is ok, but I much prefer to be a bit creative as is our jewelry. When I was selling vintage costume jewelry my hubby made me the most faboo cherry display cases which I lined with sort of a sagey green carpet, I had a couple of pieces of white carpet also and for darker jewels I'd replace the green with the white. Being creative allowed me to appear more professional and I got better bucks for my stuff.

Best of luck with your first show.......... Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 2, 2012 5:56 PM

What a good idea, Laila!  Have fun at the faire a fortnight from now.  Maybe I can get my Dad to make me some stuff like that; he's a pretty good carpenter.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS