Which side to put the toggle clasp on for a necklace?

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 23
pammellam wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 2:34 AM

Is there a hard and fast rule where the toggle loop and toggle bar goes? This is such a basic question. Embarrassed

I looked in some of the finding books I have, but I could not find it.

Pamela

Not Ranked
Posts 6
beadedrose wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 9:25 AM

I think it's a matter of personal preference. I like the loop on the left side & the bar on the right because I find it easier to slide the bar through the loop with my right hand.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 9:28 AM

Pamela,

If I am making a necklace for myself. I will put the bar on the right hand side. That is as I am putting the piece on. I am right handed and it is the easiest way for me to attach the toggle. However if you know the person you are making it for is left handed, than I would put it on the left side. The same with any working clasp. If you are making it to sell, I would put it on the right side, as the higher percent of people are right handed. 

Hope this help, although this is my general rule, it may not be right or the only thought. 

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Tank Girl wrote
on Oct 2, 2012 1:17 PM

Pamela,

I agree with the others, there's no rule regarding it, unless someone requests one side or the other.  I usually get sidetracked, then put it on the side I hadn't planned to.  No one's fussed yet.  The good news is, I haven't put two toggles on the same necklace......yet.

Donna

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS