BEAD MANAGER PRO OR JEWELRY DESIGNER MANAGER PRO

This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
kimberly6203 wrote
on Sep 27, 2012 9:22 AM

Can anyone please tell me if they have used these programs and what they like or dislike about them.

Thank you so much

Kimberly

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 2:23 PM

I have Bead Manager Pro and for the price is a very easy program I really like that once you enter all your beads/supplies into the inventory, you can create a piece, tell it how many of which beads/items you used, and it will multiply it out for you for a retail price, wholesale price, and direct sale price. I was under pricing my items. It's a great way to track your inventory, profit/loss, etc.... I highly recommend it!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 291
Sharon Mc wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 12:58 AM

Hi Kimberly! 

While I looked at Jewelry Designer Manager Pro when I was software shopping I decided to get Bead Manager Pro. I love the technical support and tutorials, the program is very easy to learn. I too like the inventory system and how it is tied into the pricing and billing features. The price was a factor also, I thought it was well priced. I'm still learning the program and look forward to creating some of the reports it's capable of doing. I hope you get some feedback on the other software. Good luck on your choice.

Sharon Mc

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 1:50 PM

Help? I am looking for a beading program, that I can scan a photo of a pet or person, and it will give me the

Bead Color # and

The amount of each color and

a Graph of the photo. and

the option of what kind or size of beads to use

Does anyone know of a beading program that does all of the above.??

Thanks, for your help in advance.

ps. I use to paint with Oil's. but DH  is Alergic to Oils. I thought since I love Beading, maybe, just maybe there was such a program.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Not Ranked
Posts 2
kimberly6203 wrote
on Oct 15, 2012 8:36 AM

Hi, I use BeadTool4. I can load photographs and it will automatically fill in the colors, and you can print out a pattern. You can choose stitch, size of beads and color scheme to use. You can try it for free.

http://www.beadtool.net/

Kimberly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 291
Sharon Mc wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 11:05 AM

Hello Gypsy Mary, I think you will get a much better response if you ask your question within its own discussion rather than hidden in a discussion about bead business management. Also, if you do a search within these forums on bead design software you will find a ton of information. I know this because that is how I came to make the decision to purchase Bead Tool 4 myself, I found a lot of discussions about the subject. Have fun making your own choice!

Sharon Mc

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,506
D.M.Z wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 1:19 PM

Gypsy Mary, I have used Bead Creator Pro through several revisions. It will give you what you want and a total new rewrite (version 7) is due out soon. It can be a complicated program or it can be used simply. Personally, I use a photo that I scan and basically size to about what I want the finished product to be, then just plop that picture into BCP and let it do it's magic. You pick the size, size of bead, stitch and the program does the work. It will print out a list of colors used with quantities, a graph (a NICE graph) and also will print out a word chart if you so desire. All around, for my purposes it has proved to be the best investment. I do dogs, orchids, babies, and other subjects that interest me. I have recently completed a large butterfly picture, about 8x8 and it's shading of colors asked for 475 or so individual colors. Since I have them all I let it fly with that,  you can however cut that number down until you see what you want. I have cut pictures from over 200 shades to maybe 75 or 80 with no realistic loss to the finished picture. It is highly variable. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 11:15 PM

Thanks, Sharon Mc. I misunderstood, this thread. Sorry Folks,

I didn't realize it was a Discussion about Bead Business Management. Silly me,

I thought(well, the way I read the original posts) it was about the difference in the "Beading Programs". How each program offered different features.

Big Hug, and Thanks, D.M.Z   your answer was greatly appreciated. Thanks to you "Dear Ole Santa knows what I want for Christmas"Wink

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Not Ranked
Posts 2
njlevine wrote
on May 31, 2014 3:05 PM

kimberly6203:

Can anyone please tell me if they have used these programs and what they like or dislike about them.

Thank you so much

Kimberly

I've found this forum helpful and useful. Based on the responses, I bought the Bead Manager Pro last year. I got to use it just once, and I don't think I understood the layout. I put it aside. When I got back from Tucson, I decided to do the responsible thing and enter my bead purchases. Come to find out that I can't access the program because I seem to have downloaded the program more than twice. Honest, I only tried to use it that once. Now the program is no longer accessible. I can't find a support telephone number. The video support does me no good. I bought the program because I have a Mac and this program supports Macs, apparently. If I can't get support response to the email I sent, I'm going to try Jewelry Design Manager. With the help of something called Boot Camp, you can run that program on a Mac. And the literature says that it has tech support you can reach by telephone. If I have more joy using that program, Kimberly, I'll let you know. I welcome any and all advice about how to get Bead Manager Pro up and running.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS