Sharing a few sweet treats

This post has 47 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
JudyC5201 wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 8:18 PM

They are so gorgeous, and so edible too.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Sep 23, 2012 1:45 PM

Val, it sounds like you've had the worst run of luck - I'm so sorry to hear it.

I think the shop in Syracuse might be the one that my friend was telling me about - I know it sounded good Smile Such a shame that you can no longer get there easily. Still I think you should plan a trip across the States and up to AK focusing entirely on where you can fidn bead shops - that would be a great vacation! It's great having the RV, just like taking home with you, so you'll have a fab time.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your surgeon has something good to say about the thumb - it would be great for you to get back to beading.

Take care, Katie x

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 23, 2012 3:33 PM

Well Katie, it is what it is.  I do my best not to let it run my life.  I know there are people that are probably even worse off than I am, so I'm grateful for every day I wake up and I'm still here.

I'm sure my parents won't mind that kind of a vacation at all- they know how nutsy cukoo I am over my beads.  My mum's one of my best customers!  I custom design stuff for her all the time, plus I'm able to repair a lot of her oldie goldies.(lol)

Im really enjoying getting into my wireworking right now, but lately, filigreework has been calling me to come back to it- loudly!(lol)  With all the period movies coming out for autumn and winter, people want delicatelooking stuff.  Also, Art Deco is having a big comeback because they're doing a new version of The Great Gatsby.  Which is okay by me because I absolutely LOVE that flapper jewelry!

Val 

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Sep 23, 2012 4:32 PM

I'm with you on the flapper jewellery - just been watching the new series of Downton Abbey, so lots of 1920s style there! I'm dividing my time between cakes and flowers at the moment. I'm in the final stages of another book - ebook this time - full of designs for wedding bouquets made with French beading...my head is spinning! Anyway, it's time for bed over here, but enjoy the rest of your weekend x

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 23, 2012 4:55 PM

Yes, they're getting ready to broadcast that over here.  I like it, too, for the same reason.(g)

"Bout time for dinner here, then I must call my niece to wish her Happy birthday.  She's 7.  She thinks she's a big girl now, and wants Aunty to make her jewelry.(g)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Sep 24, 2012 2:25 AM

My friend's little girl is 3 today and already into her beads and jewellery - they grow up so fast! Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Sep 24, 2012 6:11 AM

OMG, soooooo sweeeeeet! Incredible!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 24, 2012 11:38 AM

Way too fast.  My youngest niece just turned 4 on the 10th.  She facies herself to be Shirley Temple and darned if she's not right!  She's got the curls and everything!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Sep 25, 2012 6:11 AM

OMG! These are adorable! I love the cupcakes, they are so awesome..

I can't wait to see the book Smile

Emma
xXx

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 96
Sandra242 wrote
on Sep 28, 2012 3:36 PM

So adorable. I especially like the cookies & eclairs. Fantastic work, congrats on your book(s)!

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Lyn59 wrote
on Sep 28, 2012 9:45 PM

My daughter would love the cupcakes!! I can't wait for your book to come out.

Lyn

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 6:22 PM

I've just come back on the forums after a few days away and I've found so many lovely comments from everyone about my little sweet treats. It's been a really tough week for me and this has really cheered me up - thank you so much all you lovely beaders! Smile  The book is coming on well - I've just been proofing it and it's the first time I've seen the full draft and I'm so pleased with how it looks and so excited. Hoping it will be heading to the printers in a couple of weeks - I can't wait!!! Thank you again everyone! xxx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 11:28 PM

Katie,

Sorry to hear you've not been having a good week.  Hope things are getting better.  My doc says if I haven't regained more use of my thumb by now, I probably won't.  It may also cause me a lot of pain for the rest of my life, too.  Oh well, at least I still have it.  I just can't do some of the stuff I used to, that's all.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 11:31 PM

This dratted thing posted before I was finished!!!  Gremlins in the system again!Confused

What I was going to say was: here's hoping you  sell oodles of books and make lotsa money!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 6:51 AM

Thanks for the good wishes Val! I'm so sorry to hear about your thumb - I guess you've just got to hope that maybe the doctors don't always get it right and you might regain a bit more movement over time.

I've been trying to balance getting stuff done for teaching and the book with getting in a lot of rest since the CFS is playing up a bit at the moment. The book is coming along nicely - I think it will get to the printer at the end of this week, so then it's only about 3 weeks until I see the real thing - so excited!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can sell lots of copies as well, but it's going to be hard work as I don't have the regular channels I would if I were using a publisher. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Hope you keep well

Katie x

Page 2 of 4 (48 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS