Left Handed Beading

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
JackieM@30 wrote
on Nov 12, 2008 1:43 PM

I saw an article on beading left-handed but cannot seem to find it again. It was not any particular pattrn it was a tip I think. Did anybody see it or have any idea where to look?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Nov 13, 2008 7:50 AM

Google came up with four for "Beading Left Handed" and 49 for "Left Handed Beading".   In addition to your post, Bead and Button was listed. (I only glanced at the lists.)

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 244
Nemeton wrote
on Nov 17, 2008 1:12 AM

I'm a left-handed beader but I've never seen the article - I'd be interested to know what the tip was!

I have real trouble following patterns left to right, as I tend to work from right to left (I think this accounts for why I do such a lot of freeform; I can make it up as I go along). I have even more trouble when it comes to writing down my projects so that they will make sense to right-handed beaders!  Sometimes I have to hold a mirror to the work, or scan the diagram or pattern onto my computer and flip it over so that I can follow it from right to left instead.

Lynn

My website: http://lynndavybeadwork.co.uk/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Nov 17, 2008 3:45 AM

I'm not a southpaw either, but I have 3 friends that are and I always tease them about having to do everything bass-ackwards. *laughz* My buddy that did the decals for my truck is a lefty and it's kind of funny to watch him apply stuff. Most people work from the front to the back and right to left, but he does exactly the opposite. I know that doesn't help much, but it's all I got.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Nov 17, 2008 4:47 AM

Hi,

I found something on the Bead&Button Blog http://cs.beadandbutton.com/bnbcs/blogs/beadandbutton/2008/01/10/creative-handedness.aspx, maybe there was an article in Bead&Button Magazine.

As I am partly both-handed, I sometimes catch myself doing a thing like a left-handed person and wonder why I can't follow the instructions properly, because they're made for right-handed people.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Nov 17, 2008 11:31 AM

Step by Step Beads  would love to help left-handed beaders! Is there something we can include with our projects to help make things translate better? I'm somewhat ambidextrous myself, so tell me how we can improve your creativity!

Email your tips for lefties and suggestions for us to:  sbsbeads@interweave.com

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 571
Beadiecat wrote
on Jun 14, 2012 10:32 AM

I know this is an old question, but I'm bringing it up again because my daughter is a leftie and has a hard time following right-handed instructions.  I did find this site, Beading for Southpaws, but she only converts one designer's patterns. 

Does anyone know of anything else?  Except the Yahoo group, for some reason I have tried joining two of those before, and I find it impossible.  I don't know if I just don't understand how to do it, or if my computer has a problem with it, lol.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 571
Beadiecat wrote
on Jun 14, 2012 10:33 AM

Aaaargghhh, my link didn't work.  Try again.

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS