My costume Jewellery

This post has 207 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Feb 5, 2013 1:55 AM

its okay Niwas :) I don't mind since its not my creation. I just made it by watching the tutorial from Youtube... :) I don't take credit for things which are not my imaginative creations. :) I had to make it in a hurry to wear in my cousin'e wedding since it matched my dress Big Smile 

The tutorial is on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FjjAvUcWYo

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,846
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 12:54 AM

Gopika:

Ok, had my appt. w /my hand orthopod today & here are the results: he x-rayed my and and (thankfully!) it continues to be free of infection. He will not cut the tendins because that would actually destroy all use of my thumb and could possibly damage the rest of my hand. I have regained in total 35%ROM for my thumb. I will not gain any more, What he has recommended is for me to wear a support brace on my thumb for awhile to see if it will help. If it does, I might actually be able to learm to sew again. If not, they start injections of painkiller and steroid. I am already developing arthritis in my thumb due to the infected bone that had to be removed, and what remains is very fragil now.

Here are the names of some sites that might have the patterns you're looking for.  I do business w/them: Artbeads, Beadaholique, MK Beads, Lima Beads, Fire Mountain Gems and SoftFlex.(I think,)  I haven't worked with Rio Grande yet but I do understand rhey have an excellent reputation.

Hope this helps!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Feb 6, 2013 12:35 PM

Val,

Its great news that your tendons get to remain where they belong... And I wish for the best of your thumb in its improvement period.. There's a saying "Where there's a bead there's a hand to use it" (made by me Big Smile).. So the God of Beads won't let your thumb stay away from beads for too long now Smile 

I have checked these sites.. They don't have much of the designs..

Thanks for the sites.. Smile 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,846
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 9, 2013 1:01 AM

Thanks!  I have to admit, I'm relieved there aren't any more operations in the near future.  I'm tired of all that.  I'm just going to take things slow for a while, to allow myself to get used to the brace.  The doc said my natural reaction would be to fight the brace, but not to do it.  That's why it's better I start back up slowly.

Sorry they weren't much of a help.Sad  I'll keep my eye out for you.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Feb 11, 2013 3:34 AM

Hmmm all the best for the recovery.. :)

I am checking out some websites too.. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,846
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 6:56 AM

Thanks.  The brace soes take some getting used to.  It feels awkward when I'm holding pliers, and I have to confess, the first few times I've pulled it off so I could get a better grip.  I paid for it later, though.Crying  Oh, well, two steps forward, one back. I'm bound to get the hang of it.  Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to sew.  Time will tell.Time

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Feb 12, 2013 6:59 AM

Awwww Val!!! Take it slow Right Hug.. One at a time.. you can try using firelines without using needle in the beads.. I hope it helps a bit in the movement and you might get used to it..  Then you can start using needle.. You see when you use a needle you hold it with a slight pressure since its thinner than fireline.. Fireleine is not that slippery so I hope it helps.. I use fireline without using a needle since I haven't asked around for big-eye needles yet. So m telling from an experience Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,846
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 1:13 AM

I know, sigh.....

In the meantime I've decided to relearn crewel embroidery, something I used to do as a child. The needles are thicker and more sturdy than beading needles.  I'll give you a progrrss update once my material have arrived.  BTW, till my accident, whenever I did bead sewing I used Fireline.  I liked it so much better than anything else.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Feb 13, 2013 1:21 AM

Indian jewelry is gorgeous! Its all gold and bling bling!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,954
SEllen 2 wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 7:53 PM

Gopika:

Here are a few sites I use that have free tutorials as well as some paid. You just have to weed through them.

jewelrylessons.com 

auntiesbeads.com

larkcrafts.com/jewelry-beading

fusionbeads.com

These are just a few I have more but don't want to make a whole book out of them. So, try some of these and if you don't find anything or want more names let me know and I'll get a list of some of the Russian sites. I can't read Russian but their graphics are well done and I can usually follow them.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Feb 15, 2013 1:07 PM

Thank You blueelephantart Smile 

Thank you so much Sellen.. I will look into the sites and let you know Smile

Yeah Val sure.. I would love to know more about the stuff you are doing.. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,846
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 7:55 PM

O-tay, Bu-wheat! (God, I miss the Little Rascals!)  Hopefully I'll have my books next week.  Then we'll see what's what.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Feb 18, 2013 8:09 AM

I have downloaded mastering beadwork... its a good one with nice designs to work on.. I am working one though..  Big Smile Lemme know when u check out ur books.. I'll try to get them ol.. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Feb 19, 2013 3:35 AM

Hi, Gopika Chaddha, Your hindu customs are stunning. Indian jewelry has always been very luxury In my impression, it seems that it is true, anyway, they suits female in the country! 

It is my first time to check your posts (Sorry I do not check the Read Showcase too much before), your projects are great!!! Well, still have to say that I am sorry to bother and interrupt the front conversation between you guys, it is just of great fun to watch your dialogue that I can not help joining in, please forgive that though. Big Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Feb 20, 2013 12:40 PM

Its okay Caroline.. You are most welcome to join us in our conversation. Smile Beading is another way of getting to know people. The first one is reading books in my opinion ^_^ 

Page 13 of 14 (208 items) « First ...  < Previous  10 11 12 13 14  Next > | RSS