My costume Jewellery

This post has 207 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Nov 15, 2012 4:26 AM

I would like a dog too. But my in laws don't like them.. May be sometime later in my life i will convince them for a pup. 

I have been away on Diwali vacation from internet. Had 3 sleepless nights making something or the other. Here are some pics :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 4:10 AM

Well that's their problem, not yours.  You must have a dog!  I know whereof I speak, 'cos I'm a dog mommie!  They are the best friend a girl could ever have.  I couldm't do without Mac or Zoe.  I want to talk to your hub!  He'll get you a puppy by the time I'm done with him!  What kind of dog would you like best?  I love the bracelrt the best; it looks so regal!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Nov 16, 2012 1:36 PM

nobody at home likes dog poop and dogs.. But i like them.. I like pugs, pomarian, chihuahua Big Smile

Yeah I like it too... Its my first try at Peyote stitch Big Smile 

My dad liked dogs till we shifted to an apartment where we can not have them as a rule. My brother wanted a black cat. it gave birth in the apartment premises so he wanted one. But Mom was a big no no  about it.. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 4:38 PM

Dear Gopika,

Love your bracelet! And the way your hands are painted with henna.

I really hope you can have a dog one day. I love cats and dogs but cats just a little bit more.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 4:59 PM

Well, Gopika, NOBODY likes picking up dog poop!  But that's part of caring for them....unless you can potty train them!(g)  Ah, you like small dogs, too!  I love that Zoe and Mac will get up in my lap, preferably not at the same time, though!(lol) And at this time of year, I certainly appreciate having them sleep in bed with me!  I know they like it!  They like to cuddle!

Well, for your first try at peyote, it turned out pretty good!

Kitties are nice too.  Jeez your mom's a tough cookie!(lol)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 1
chikankari wrote
on Nov 17, 2012 1:38 PM

Good discussion but if you have looking for jewellery & sarress collection.Chikanbarn is a best online shopping portal so just visit on select any best of one.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Nov 19, 2012 5:26 AM

Hello Karin.. Thanks for the complements.. The henna is almost gone from my hands.. here's the pic of the actual henna :D 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Nov 19, 2012 5:29 AM

hehehehe Val you should have seen my in-laws faces when a stray followed me around a bit... Big Smile It's cold so you do love your dogs around you... its cold here too but the temperature keeps on changing. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 19, 2012 12:47 PM

Oh wow, Gopika, this henna is an artform in itself. If you could make beaded jewelry in this style................... You've got very beautiful and slender hands, by the way!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 19, 2012 11:14 PM

Gopika, I'm missing Zoe and Mac terribly right now.  We are leaving for Virginia first thing in the morning, so they are staying with their "Gramma" while we're gone.  My sister just had her house redone (her dogs recently passed away) and she flat out REFUSES to allow us to bring them.Crying  The lady we have left them with is an owner /breeder/handler of Westies and Cairns(which Westies are descended from), and she is also a groomer.  Mac and Zoe know her very well, and are comfortable with her.  They have their own food, bowls, and "blankies," and their "blankies" have my scent on them so they will have me with them, so to speak.  She makes sure they share a room together, because they are inseperable, and they would both be traumatized if they couldn't be together.  But I'm lonely!  I'm so used to having them "underfoot," not to mention cuddled up in bed with me right now, that I am miserable!Crying  I don't like sleeping alone!  I can't stand not hearing their little toenails clickety-clacking over the floor, or one of them yelling at me to let him or her go potty.  I'm probably going through worse separation anxiety than they are!  At laest, they'' have others to play with.  I'm sure once I get to VA, my nieces will distract me, though.  It's so hard, because Mac and Zoe ARE my kids.  And they act just like children.  They are part of our family.  And trust me, they are WICKED smart!(lol)

Oh, your in-laws are so silly!  Don't trust anybody that doesn't like dogs or cats, Gopika!  They're not trustworthy!

LOVE the henna, btw.  I've always wanted to learn to do that.  Wouldn't it be cool if we could do jewelry designs like that?  Maybe we can ,with wireworking.  It would take some careful study of some of the more simpler patterns at first, though.

Hugs!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Nov 20, 2012 12:48 PM

Thanks Karin and Val.. I would have asked the guy to put henna above my arms too like the brides here but i am wearing bangles which I am not supposed to remove till the 1st year of my anniversary.. So i had to stay put. But next year henna on my both hands and legs like a bride Wink

Sorry to hear that you had to leave your babies behind.. Its hard to leave them when you are on a trip... half a time one is worried about them and their whereabouts etc. But i wish you enjoy your trip.. May b the dogs will also enjoy new playmates.. Hope for the best :) 

P.S. Karin: My hands are slender but the palms are like that of a kid.. my husband teases me about them Big Smile hehehehe

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 21, 2012 9:30 PM

Checked in with thei "Gramma."  They were pretty mopey yesterday, and off their feed, but doing better today, and eating.  They have Lanie(her Westie) and Pattie(her Cairn), as well as Alvin(her Westie) to play with, as well as some other Westies boarding.  So guess they're having a good time.  She keeps tem in the house, so they stay warm and comfortable, and spoils them as badly as we do!  She'll groom them before we pick themup Saturday, so they'll be all gussied up.  We are okay leaving them with her because we know her well, and Zoe and Mac know her well and are happy with her.  We don't trust them with just anybody.  But I still have separation anxiety!(lol)  My nieces were very happy to see me, and I am settled very comfortably here.  The weather is much more pleasant, too.  Went over the river into Occoquon this afternoon and went hog wild at their LBS!  It was so nice to be able to wander about and touch beads again!  They even had Kazuri beads, so I splurged and bought a couple, because their prices were reasonable.  I have missed having an LBS to play in.  I'll have to photograph and post my goodies online when I get home.

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Nov 23, 2012 11:47 AM

At least you can trust someone with your dogs..

Will wait for your bead pics.. :) Happy thanksgiving :) 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 8:55 AM

Hi Gopika, Got to join here again, i am allways facinated when i see your altars and to hear about your traditions, i am a fan of traditional things generally. thats very interesting for me, for example that you got to wear the bangles until 1st anniversary, that is a lovely one. and of course the henna too, i am with Karin, its a artform itself.

i had to chuckle about your dog conversation, wish i could have one too, i would give the potty training a go ;))), but my cats do not agree, so i got to abandon. Val your Westies are great (i saw a pic somewhere too), i know some too, they are all hell clever.

Cya

May the beads be with you!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Nov 26, 2012 2:19 AM

Hello Aunty Akoya, Thanks for joining again and appreciating the traditional stuff and the temple.. You see I like tradition as far as one is excited to go along with them.. but when it comes to some rigid ones i tend to disagree with them.. Since my in-laws are conservative I dont like much of their rigid traditions. But I try to flow along as they want of me without hurting their sentiments. 

There are many traditions in Hindu punjabi family that you would like to hear and enjoy too if you are present amongst them. I would love to tell you whenever you want. 

Page 10 of 14 (208 items) « First ...  < Previous  8 9 10 11 12  Next >  ... Last » | RSS