Bead embroidery inchie challenge

This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 11:44 PM

Hello all! My latest beading endeavor is making 'inchies'; pieces of bead embroidery around one inch square, one for every day. I'm a couple inchies behind but here's what I have so far.

Also I need your help thinking of a bead embroidery theme. I'm looking for a visual theme for a set of six same-size bead embroidery pieces. My first thought was the four seasons plus day and night, but I'm looking for alternate options.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Sep 10, 2012 4:11 AM

Hey Jess they are brilliant. What are you going to do with them? As for a theme you could have dice or maybe 6 days of the week as in Monday to Saturday and call it 'Sunday Off'.

Kathi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Sep 10, 2012 6:17 AM

Beautiful!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Sep 10, 2012 12:46 PM

Kathi, thanks! I'm not sure what I'll do with them just yet. Maybe a quilt?

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Sep 10, 2012 1:01 PM

A quilt....well I wasn't going to say anything but ...............lol

Kathi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,716
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 10, 2012 5:14 PM

Wow!  I like #3,6 &7 the best, but that's 'cos my favourite colours are red and purple.  I was thinking for your theme "Inchworm", but that's a bit silly, huh?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 11, 2012 9:04 AM

What about "countryside" or "midnight sun".. Midnight sun from a novel.. lol.. Ur work is beautiful :) 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 2:35 PM

These are beautiful!  How about 6 of a specific theme - like a season or color.  Your blues are all different enough to be interesting together.  I'm working on my first bead embroidery piece and I can see how addictive they are.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Sep 16, 2012 5:40 PM

Second batch of inchies. The fifth one incorporates a Swarovski snowflake, though it's hard to tell from the picture. The last one is inspired by the pattern of a friend's sweater.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,716
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 16, 2012 9:39 PM

You  could frame all of these into a lovely mosaic, couldn't you?  Quick question-- what is that dancing doodad on the one in the lower right hand corner?(it's aqua and gold)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 17, 2012 6:54 AM

They all are beautiful and cool!! Val the dancing guy is Lord Natraj, the God of Dance.. People who practice classical dance has his statues to inspire them.. ^_^ 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nataraja  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,716
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 17, 2012 2:49 PM

Oh, okay-- sort of like an Indian Michael Flatley!(lol)  That's pretty cool!  I like to do a little bellydancing, myself.  It's fun, and actually is a good workout; kinda like yoga.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Sep 18, 2012 1:01 AM

There's a book, 'Shiva's Fire' which calls this image of the dancing god the 'Shiva Nataraja', the dancing Shiva.

And, here are a few more. I have all of these posted in a line via velcro above my desk.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,716
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 18, 2012 2:57 AM

The one on the left looks like a par-tay!  Whee!  The one on the right looks like a gadget straight out of the TARDIS!  Doctor, take me away!(lol)  And the one on the bottom looks like it could be the top of his sonic screwdriver. In case you hadn't already figured it out, I seem to have the Doctor on the brain as of late.(g)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Sep 18, 2012 3:17 AM

Zodiac signs would be too many, as there are twelve. How about animals or sea creatures? Or other animals in the same species like birds or something?

Those incheis remind me of a class I once taught. It was about a bead embroidered pendant the size of an inchie.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS