How do I find out who my moderator is?

This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 12:50 PM

Hello,

The last couple of days I've tried to post new work into the beading photo galleries. It doesn't work. I get a message that there's an error somewhere and that I should contact my moderator. But I don't know who he or she is. Can anybody help?

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 1:50 PM

Finally got my pictures posted but only because I have fantastic stamina. It still doesn't work properly.

In my attempts to get it done, I accidentally posted a comment on my own picture. I would very much like to delete this but I don't know how. There doesn't seem to be a possibility to do that. Or is there................

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 2:14 PM

Warm Welcome to Beading DAily,

I think, this is how I did the removing words from a photo. (so try this)

you have to be logged in under the name and email etc that you posted under

click on the photo under "reply", it should give you the option to "edit"

There have been many changes since I first signed up, so not sure it will still work.

good luck

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 11:58 AM

Karin

We no longer have any active moderators.

I would suggest that you contact our BD editor Jennifer Van Benschoten via her bio page and send her an email letting her know of your difficulties.

Edited: put in a link but it did not work so took it out. Just go to one of her blog posts and click her avitar it will take to her bio.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 5:48 PM

Hi Sellen,

I've already done just that -- no answer yet.  Explains why I'm seeing so many posts that are 'selling' (goods, services, etc.); no selling on this site, right?  Too bad there's no moderators -- that going to make Jennifer's job (Online Editor) harder; hope something (a solution) happens soon.  Who of the Charter Members remain with this site?  Any suggestions?

Sarah Coffee

09-11-12 (1548 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 10:50 AM

ottercat:
no selling on this site, right? 

Correct.

We were given permission to put our shop addys in our signitures so people can look if they choose. But no active selling or advertising.

ottercat:
Who of the Charter Members remain with this site? 

Sorry, don't know the answer to that question.

I hope you both get your problems resolved.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 11:50 AM

I am a charter member, but  it is getting harder and harder for us to help people with their questions. If we try and link a member to a site for a pattern of a tutorial we see our effects go to the non working moderation system.

Although I have been a member since the very beginning I am looking for somewhere else, where I can  help people with their questions. I realize they  had to do something to stop all the spam we were getting, but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. I just thought that by this time, they could have found a way to stop the spam and not hinder the whole purpose of the forum.

We were a family here that would help one another unconditionally, but because of the gag order to get rid of spam, they have managed to run off most of the charter members. I am not sure where they have gone, but if I ever find them I am on my way also.

For those that think my words are too harsh when it comes to people spamming, I am sorry you think that, but they have ruined a wonderful site. All of our charter members (some of which own their own LBS or web stores) respected the no sell rule. I also work at a LBS and I love to help people develop their  skill and love for this form of art, but I don't push the store I work at.

If a site that will allow all the spam is what you want, maybe those few should find a site that allows it. You are free to leave when you want. BUT IT WILL NEVER BE ALLOWED  ON THIS SITE!!  If you want to advertise your site here, I am sure Beadingdaily would sell you advertising space. 

Sorry, I  know the ones that on this thread aren't the ones supporting the spam, that never suggested. So please don't beat me up over this one. LOL

So now I will get off my soapbox. 

Happy Beading!!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 530
on Sep 12, 2012 1:14 PM

I'm with you Sue. I still come here to occasionally post a project photo and to see what's new but I have discovered that there isn't much that's new.

Yes we do gain a few new non-lurking members a week but I remember when I could look at a "look what I made" post in the morning and if I came back in the evening i had to go to the second page to find same post. Now we go over a week at times before anybody will post their work in the forums. It's old and somewhat boring and I find myself only coming here maybe once or twice a week, if that anymore.

i miss the higher level of activity that used to have this place jumping and I miss some of the older (not age-wise but time-wise) that shared their exceptional talents and beading wisdom. I am thankful for the few that have stuck around to answer questions but there really did used to be so much more!

As far as this goes:

I just thought that by this time, they could have found a way to stop the spam and not hinder the whole purpose of the forum.

Well, they can't find a way if they aren't looking...

Happy beading!

shellie

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 2:43 PM

Hi Gypsy Mary,

Thanks for your answer. Sorry for reacting so late.

That was not what I meant though. I commented on my own post. There's no text. I accidentally clicked on ADD and now it looks as if there's a comment. That's what I would like to delete.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 2:53 PM

Hi SCB1,

I've noticed how you're always there to answer people's questions and I've been wanting to say to you how much I like that. This is a good opportunity to do so. It looks as if I joined this site too late. What a pity.

If you go and look elsewhere please let me know where you'll go.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 3:13 PM

Karin, thank you for your support.

No you didn't join the forum too late, we just need to take our forum back. It was great and it can be again. We just all need to join together to get the spammers off our site. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 5:02 PM

I'll do my best!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat Coffee [C] wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 8:46 PM

Count me in!  Whatever I can do to help.  I've been exploring the site and it gives me an odd feeling when there's nothing in a 'bio' -- hiding?  I don't always contribute to a thread, but tend to learn as I go; don't feel that I know enough to help, but I occasionally come up with something.  Thank you for your help and insights, Sue; maybe there's a way to save this site -- the 'Powers That Be' seem to be 'sleeping'.  Thoughts?

Sarah Coffee

09-12-12 (1846 PDT)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 15, 2012 5:17 PM

Although I was able to post a new picture in the Reader Photo Gallery this week because I just don't give up, I hate to see all the empty spaces of other people where pictures should be of their work. This site is loosing its credibility. I don't know where to go to get attention for the problem. There seems to be nobody that's interested in it.

I've just sent an email to Jennifer Van Benschoten, who seems to be the main editor of this site. I hope to finally get a reply.

Greetings,

Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 16, 2012 5:48 AM

Karin,

I sent an inquiry to customer service just now.  Let's see if this helps.  Located above 'Sign In/Out' at right -- I finally saw it.  Nothing from Jennifer yet; maybe this will get some reaction.

Sarah Coffee

09-16-12 (0348 PDT)

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS