Need advice on design

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Sep 6, 2012 4:04 PM

Hello all,

I am new to beading.. I have been making costume jewellery but stopped working when i got a stable job. Now I started beading because I decided on making curtains for my small temple at home. Its white so I find it very appealing with all the colours I can use on it. I would like your advice on the designs I should use so as to not to make the curtains heavy. I thought on making single lines and then hanging them in the rod using a wire. here are the pictures of the rough design I have thought of.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Sep 6, 2012 4:09 PM

This is what I am working on.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Beadlizard wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 8:46 AM

Hello Gopika,

I really like it, it's prettily colored and unusual. If it's not yet too heavy I would keep going! Maybe, if the pearls prove too heavy, you could use plastic or fake beads because they are lighter. 

Another variation would be to use Czech beads if the Swaros get too heavy, but if you have a chance to leave it like that, I would leave it as the rthythm of the waves and colors is really beautiful!

Beady greetings,

Santafe

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Sep 20, 2012 10:06 AM

Thanks Santafe.. At least finally someone noticed my peril :D.. lolz.. well the thing is pearls are plastic but the blue wave keeps on hanging back when i hang this piece.. that disrupts the whole design.. i reduced the blue beads from 8 to 5 but still it wont work.. :( 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,954
SEllen 2 wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 10:23 AM

I like the color combinations that your using.

Gopika Chaddha:
well the thing is pearls are plastic but the blue wave keeps on hanging back when i hang this piece..

What kind of beading thread are you using?

You might me able to stiffen the waves by running your thread through them several times. Just becareful not to use to many passes because if the are glass you could break the glass beads. Each pass should make the waves a little stiffer.

You could also try using a small gauge wire to help stiffen the waves. Just run it through the waves just as you would your beading thread. But I would only try 1 pass with the wire.

I don't know if this helps or not but it was just what I thought when you said they hang back.

Good Luck

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Sep 20, 2012 11:55 AM

I will try the wire.. I am using nylon thread since its an experiment.. All the crystals are plastic so no worries of breaking them.. Hmmm thanks for the idea about wire i didn't think of it before :D 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,954
SEllen 2 wrote
on Sep 21, 2012 11:49 AM

Gopika Chaddha:
thanks for the idea about wire

I just hope it works for you. Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS