How is this possible?

This post has 26 Replies | 4 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 13, 2012 5:29 AM

That is why I like the Fair Trade company that has been set up here.  They work with people all over the world and bring their products to us here.  The people work in safe, secure environments and they are paid a fair wage for whatever it is they produce.  We, in turn, also get a decent price for the finished product; we are not gouged for it, and it is always a superior product.  Everyone is happy, and best of all, the people making the various products are able to take good care of their families and have a comfortable life.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Sep 13, 2012 11:52 AM

Good to hear that :)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Sep 13, 2012 3:20 PM

This is a beautiful necklace, I agree it would be best not to take it apart!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 13, 2012 5:36 PM

Hi Ottercat,

Yeah, I'm OK. Don't get much sleep though because my boyfriend is in a lot of pain and wakes up often during the night. Just one more week of suffering to go.

Terrible news about your sister's daughter. It's so awful, cancer. It looks as if more and more people get it nowadays.

I'm cleaning the waterline swimming. Very good exercise. Our boat is 41 foot so it can be done that way. I need to loose a few pounds anyway.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Sep 13, 2012 7:15 PM

Awesome! Thanks, for sharing this is Beautiful! It reminds me of the "Diane Fitzgeralds Books" on beading.

(Great photo too!)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 13, 2012 7:50 PM

It's a good thing to have.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 3:29 AM

Hi Karin,

Sorry to hear that -- maybe naps? My heart goes out to you both.

All I can do is 'lend an ear' to my sister and wait (and pray).  She has a daughter of her own (going on 9 yrs end of the year).

Swimming and beading -- what a life Big Smile.

If you're going to get beads by recycling old jewelry, at least find something that you can bear to take apart.  Glad you spared this one.

Later,

Sarah Coffee

09-14-12 (0129 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 3:50 AM

Sarah,

So sorry to hear about your sister.  Can the doctors help her?  May I pray for her?  As you might have seen from previous posts, in January I broke my thumb from a falldown the stairs at home. I also tore it open trying to break my fall.  In spite of my best efforts, I contracted staph, strep, and entero bacteria strains simultaneously.  I had two surgeries on my thumb and nearly had to have it amputated.  I was on very powerful antibiotics for monts, but then had to be put on iv antibiotic therapy.  WE then discovered that between the infection and the vancomycin, my kidneys had been badly damaged.  I have to see my doctor again in another three weeks.  If my numbers haven't improved, I'm to be placed on the transplant list.

I know it's not exactly the same, but I understand what it's like to live a life  trapped in limbo.  I'm sure you know never to underestimate the power of prayer.  I've seen far too many amazing things happen to doubt it's veracity.  God bless you and your sister.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 4:29 AM

Val

Thank you so much for your kind words.  My sister's daughter (my niece) is in the hospital right now.  The treatment is more aggressive than last time, so she has to stay in the hospital 3 to 4 days per treatment.  I'm awaiting word from my sister; I'm on the west coast (SoCal) and she is in southern Ohio (with the rest of the family).  It's non-Hodgkin Lymphoma -- I've done some research and not liking what I'm finding.  Please do (pray) -- I'm sure that it helps (I know that it helps).  I've done the same for you (and others).

I've been trying to figure out how you got hurt (your thumb) -- had no idea it was that bad.  I hope (and will pray) that you will heal (your kidneys).  Lady, you are sure something -- always cheering up the rest of us while you're going though all that; you've got 'moxy' (in a good way).  Bless you.

I've been trying to figure out a way for you to bead weave again, but you have to be patient and not hurt your thumb again (let it heal).  The loom might be a good fit.  Time for that.

Thank you for caring -- too few in the world,

Sarah Coffee

09-14-12 (0229 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 5:04 AM

Sarah,

Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  Yes, that'a pretty harsh one.  Still there is hope.  Had it actually been Hodgkin's,well-- that's an automatic death sentence.  I used to work in medicine- I was a lab tech- and I frequently worked oncology.  They were my favourite patients.

Ironic how something so simple as a fall could lead to such a disaster, huh?  I've been ill now for amost a year.  It's odd really-- I've rathe forgotten what it's like tI'll sto be well.  But, I have my friends here, and my family who loves me, and that's a big help.  And I know someday I'll start getting better.

My thumb is permanently frozen.  The doctor had to remove 2mm of bone from each phalangeal bone.  There's not a lot left, and at my age, it's not gonna grow back.Huh?  But it's still there, and I'm working around it. You should see the way I hold my pen now when I'm signing my name!(lol)

As for cheering up others? Well......when I do that it keeps me smiling, too, knowing I might have made somebody else's day a little bit more bearable.  That's what life's supposed to be about.Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 15, 2012 4:52 PM

Hi Val,

Happy birthday! There's a birthday card for you in the Non Beading Discussions forum. I hope you have a very nice day.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 15, 2012 10:27 PM

Oooo, goody!  I will!  The weather is supposed to be cooperative tomorrow.  The 'rents are going to take me to nice eatery, I believe.  Hopefully Japanese!

Thank you!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS