Ottercats' loomless loomstitch

This post has 71 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
StephB@8 wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 12:44 PM

I have been reading this form thread and i am very interested in your 90 Degree stitch. have you complete the instructions? May i buy a copy?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 3:11 AM

Thanks for your interest.  Hopefully soon (see reply to your other post in 'introduce yourself').

Ottercat Coffee

12-06-12 (0108 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 13, 2012 1:11 AM

I am  waiting with baited breathe to learn more about the (90 degree off loom Loomliss stitch.)  Is there anything I can do to help with the tutorial? I have been beading as long as I can remember.  mostly  traditional stuff.  If you email me the instructions, I will give it a try. I have  34 inch Custom design Belt to get done ASAP. I think I will start it, with Fireline and a Square Stitch.

You idea is very interesting.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 13, 2012 1:22 AM

Ottercat wrote:

About the only things the two stitches share in common are that both are non-alternating and appear similar to loom work.  'Square' stitch is worked in the same direction as loom work; beads are oriented with the holes open left and right (on their sides).  In '90 Degree Off-Loom' stitch, the beads are oriented with the holes top and bottom (on their ends).  Take a piece of loom work and turn it on its side to the left -- hence the name '90 Degree Off-Loom'.

so, if I understand the paragraph above. The beads are added 2 at a time like a four lane Highway.(four rows of beads) when you get to the other side, then the beadwork is flipped over and you bead 2 beads at a time, going back accross the four lanes of the Beadwork..(like a Herrinbone stitch without the seperation, but  joining each set of two beads to the previously added two beads.??

This would look like loom work.

humm, must try that...

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Dec 15, 2012 8:35 PM

Hi Gypsy Mary,

I'm not sure that would work for odd number stitches.  Sorry to hear that the other stitch wasn't what it appeared to be.  Square stitch should work for your piece.  When it's ready for distribution, I'll let you know.  Thanks for your interest.

Ottercat Coffee

12-15-12 (1835 PDT)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
StephB@8 wrote
on Jul 15, 2013 6:43 PM

Hello Ottercat,

Just checking in with you too see how the 90 Degree off loom is coming. I am still very interested in this stitch. Any update would be appreciated. Hope it is good news.

thanks.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jul 16, 2013 6:08 AM

The 90 Degree Off-Loom stitch instruction book is nearly complete (including proofed results of the first instruction document & the stitch, both versions of 90DO-L, and, later, a left-handed version will be available; under copyright).  Hope to have both books ready sometime later this year.  Thanks for your continued interest and patience.  ~ Ottercat

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 547
CryssT wrote
on Jul 16, 2013 7:24 PM

Looking forward to this stitch. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
StephB@8 wrote
on Nov 10, 2013 11:22 PM

Just checking in again. How are the instructions going. Still very interested in this stitch. Thanks.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Nov 18, 2013 6:25 AM

Still working on the rewrite (computers can be so testy!).  Between projects & computer problems, and the occasional 'eureka' moments, it's getting done.  Thanks for your continued interest (& patience).

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Jewel54 wrote
on Dec 25, 2013 7:54 PM

Hi ottercat!

I would be very happy to learn your '90-Degree Off-Loom stitch.  Would it be possible to receive a copy?  Thanks in advance, and have a Merry Xmas!  I will post my name and email address below:

Laura

Miss Jewel

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 27, 2013 12:57 PM

Laura, I am removing your e-mail address from this post because we have hundreds of thousands of members and it may open your mail to be blown up. Any one that wants to contact you though your e-mail my do so though this site by clicking on your avatar and than clicking on "send e-mail" this is for your protection.  If you don't to the e-mail they will never have your e-mail address. This way you can monitor just who knows your address. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 5 of 5 (72 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5 | RSS