gumball beads?

This post has 9 Replies | 6 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
mamamermaid wrote
on Aug 21, 2012 2:49 PM

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy gumball beads (20-30mm) for a decent price? I'm wanting the faux pearls, striped and solids. They are all over etsy, but seem very expensive,  & surely these people must have a supplier...? Just looking for the best deal! TIA :)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Nov 24, 2012 11:39 AM

. Thank you.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
aliwoo43 wrote
on Nov 24, 2012 11:15 PM

Mamamermaid,

check your local supply stores... they may have them at a discount and also have the colors that no one else has.  Also your small jewlery shops may have them aswell.  I found a great little place inside a flea market and stumble on their sale  and came home with more than I bargained for.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 221
Sharon Mc wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 4:02 AM

Shame on you! This sure seems awfully suspicious, as though the same person posted as three different people just to get "word of mouth" out there about your business. I know I won't be doing business at your shop any time soon.

Sharon Mc

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 8:17 PM

I'm with you!  Thanks for catching it.

Ottercat Coffee

12-08-12 (1817 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 64
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 11:00 AM

I don't get it, how do you know those three came from the same person?

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Chi_sq wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 2:11 PM

All three posters only had 1 post "under their belts," too big of a coincidence in my books and all three posts were brief.  Its a trick that businesses use to get traffic into their stores or to get their store name higher up on Google.

Sharon Mc

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mamamermaid wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 9:29 AM

Actually, I have no affiliation with the "repliers" to my original post. I was just looking to buy beads. And everyone has to start somewhere (at 1 post), right?!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,215
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 10:32 AM

I don't believe you were part of that, you just happened to ask a question that they answered. 

So here is what I found for you,, go to Google and do a search of 'magnesite beads' click on the images in googles tool bar. you will get pictures of the beads of all colors, sizes and shapes. I found several that could be called 'gumball beads'

Hope this helps, and don't stop asking questions, someone will come along that will have the correct answers.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Temperance,Michigan

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Chi_sq wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 2:59 AM

Mamamermaid,

I apologize if I assumed you were part of a scheme. Of course I started at 1 post also. I did a google search of the 1st peson who replied to your msg and what I found let me to believe he/she was not all they made of themselves and I will just leave it at that. Welcome to the Beading Daily forums and of course you are welcome to ask any questions you would like. I apologize again.

Sharon Mc

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS