gumball beads?

This post has 9 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
mamamermaid wrote
on Aug 21, 2012 2:49 PM

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy gumball beads (20-30mm) for a decent price? I'm wanting the faux pearls, striped and solids. They are all over etsy, but seem very expensive,  & surely these people must have a supplier...? Just looking for the best deal! TIA :)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Nov 24, 2012 11:39 AM

. Thank you.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
aliwoo43 wrote
on Nov 24, 2012 11:15 PM

Mamamermaid,

check your local supply stores... they may have them at a discount and also have the colors that no one else has.  Also your small jewlery shops may have them aswell.  I found a great little place inside a flea market and stumble on their sale  and came home with more than I bargained for.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 303
Sharon Mc wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 4:02 AM

Shame on you! This sure seems awfully suspicious, as though the same person posted as three different people just to get "word of mouth" out there about your business. I know I won't be doing business at your shop any time soon.

Sharon Mc

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 8:17 PM

I'm with you!  Thanks for catching it.

Ottercat Coffee

12-08-12 (1817 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 83
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 11:00 AM

I don't get it, how do you know those three came from the same person?

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Chi_sq wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 2:11 PM

All three posters only had 1 post "under their belts," too big of a coincidence in my books and all three posts were brief.  Its a trick that businesses use to get traffic into their stores or to get their store name higher up on Google.

Sharon Mc

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mamamermaid wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 9:29 AM

Actually, I have no affiliation with the "repliers" to my original post. I was just looking to buy beads. And everyone has to start somewhere (at 1 post), right?!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,313
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 10:32 AM

I don't believe you were part of that, you just happened to ask a question that they answered. 

So here is what I found for you,, go to Google and do a search of 'magnesite beads' click on the images in googles tool bar. you will get pictures of the beads of all colors, sizes and shapes. I found several that could be called 'gumball beads'

Hope this helps, and don't stop asking questions, someone will come along that will have the correct answers.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Chi_sq wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 2:59 AM

Mamamermaid,

I apologize if I assumed you were part of a scheme. Of course I started at 1 post also. I did a google search of the 1st peson who replied to your msg and what I found let me to believe he/she was not all they made of themselves and I will just leave it at that. Welcome to the Beading Daily forums and of course you are welcome to ask any questions you would like. I apologize again.

Sharon Mc

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS