Etsy

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 81
on Aug 16, 2012 11:51 AM

So... I just opened a new shop on Etsy. I would really like some advice on how to get more people to visit. I have only been open a few days, and I certainly understand that no one will have bought anything yet, but any tips? Oh, and as a poor college student, nothing that would cost a lot of money. So, no new cameras or extensive Internet marketing campaigns. Thanks!

etsy.com/treehousegirlz is the URL

-Faith

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 450
megabgirl wrote
on Aug 16, 2012 1:38 PM

The most important way to be seen on Etsy is to list new items, and often! The more you have on the site the greater chance you will have being seen amongst the thousands.

Secondly is to have very clear pictures. People can't see or touch your items in person, so you are relying heavily on your pictures. This doesn't mean you have to buy an expensive camera (mine was just over $100), but it does mean to use good lighting (not flash) and take some crisp close-ups.

As for marketing, there is plenty you can do for free. You can start a Facebook fan page, a twitter account, a blog, and a Pinterest account all for free. These methods do take time, however, and they rely on you building up relationships with your followers. If you post enough interest OTHER STUFF than your products, you will gradually build up a base that will ALSO be interested in what you sell.

Hope hat helps!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 81
on Aug 16, 2012 7:01 PM

The photos you have on your Etsy are so lovely! Do you edit them? And if you don't mind, any more photo tips?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 480
Calico3 wrote
on Aug 17, 2012 5:20 AM

When choosing the titles of your jewelry, the first 3 words are considered to be the most important in order for your items to be found in searches, even if they don't really make sense as a name. Think of what words a buyer is likely to use when looking for something. Using the Tranquil necklace as an example, consider changing the title of it to Purple Pearl Flower Pendant Necklace. Then repeat the entire title as the first line in your item description.

Also, you need more of a policies section. Look at other shops to get ideas of what info to put there and how to word it.

Good luck to you. Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 81
on Aug 17, 2012 10:03 AM

Thanks! Until you said that, I hadn't even realized you could edit a listing. (Smacks head with palm of left hand).

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS