Email notification

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Jul 25, 2012 10:41 AM

Some other websites send me an email notification when someone replies to my post. Does this forum do that?  If not, can it be fixed so it does that? Thanks.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,961
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jul 25, 2012 1:10 PM

carolee1945:
Some other websites send me an email notification when someone replies to my post. Does this forum do that?

Yes.

All you need to do is...when you've finished typing in your post/reply at the bottom of the text box is a square and beside it it says Email me replies to this post just make sure the little box has a green checkmark in it and it will automatically send you emails.

If you have done this and it still doesn't send them to you then you may need to go into your settings and make sure you've enabled the option.(But I'm not sure on this 'cause I'm not terribly computer savvy.)

But give another shout out if it's still not working and I'm sure someone can help figure out what to do.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Jul 26, 2012 9:11 AM

Okay, I will try this again, I do not see a text box saying "email  me"   All I see is a box that says, "refresh page"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,961
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jul 26, 2012 11:56 AM

carolee1945:
All I see is a box that says, "refresh page"

Carolee -

I've never seen this prompt before so I have no idea what to tell you. Sorry.

But my next idea woul be to contact Jennifer VanBenschoten ( BD editor) through her profile page and let her know what is going on. I'm sure she will pass it along to the tech staff and they will be able to help you.

Sorry Sad

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS