Has anyone made "crystal squares bracelet" from FebMarch Beadworks?

This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 17
lai2 wrote
on Jun 14, 2012 2:32 PM

I am a newbie, but just got to the end of making this bracelet.  However, the ends do not line up properly and the ending with row 16 does not make sense.  Would love to hear from someone who knows what I am trying to do.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 23, 2012 1:10 AM

I don't have the Feb/March issue. When I have difficulty with a pattern in any magazine. Just go to their web=site. They all have a place you can click on "Contact us" and email them your problem. Some times the problem isn't in the making but in the "Directions".

In the last 3 yrs , all the magazine have gotten back to me, eventually, (usually its me, but some times its the pattern.)

Check on your post often, Someone may have the Answer for you also.

Good Luck

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Not Ranked
Posts 10
teonaaa3 wrote
on Jul 3, 2012 10:32 AM

I've got this magazine, but haven't done this bracelet, yet. I'll try to do and come back soon with my practice :))

Anyway you haven't to worry, just write to the magazine and they will explain you in details

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 126
ScottishSue wrote
on Jul 3, 2012 4:39 PM

Hi:

I haven't made the bracelet, but in just glancing at the pattern, I felt I had to underline and star a part of Row 21.  It says to repeat Row 19.  Then it says to repeat Rows 6-21 twelve times.  Finally it says to repeat Rows 6-16 once.

After I repeated Rows 6-21 TWELVE TIMES, I would probably think I was done and forget to repeat Rows 6-16.  That is the part I have now underlined and starred in my magazine.

Is it possible that you forgot to repeat Rows 6-16 at the very end????  That could make the ends not line up properly.

Cordially,

ScottishSue

Not Ranked
Posts 17
lai2 wrote
on Jul 8, 2012 5:15 PM

I did finally make it and it looks great....except that my hand is large and I had to add several extra rows and of course make sure it matched up at the ends....then it was too loose on my wrist, so am now going to decrease rows and put in a clasp.  I really liked the pattern and it was a fun...if challenging project!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 126
ScottishSue wrote
on Jul 10, 2012 12:41 PM

I am glad you figured it out and have a nice finished product..  Sometimes I like to think of the magazine patterns as just ideas to spark my interest and get my own creative juices flowing.  Then I take that idea and work it out however I can. 

ScottishSue

Not Ranked
Posts 1
narisha wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 3:27 AM

Ask for a guide they will give you "how to" procedure.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Shelley@53 wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 6:44 PM

I had the same issue as the original poster - - I've got two male ends rather than a male and a female , so to speak.  I've carefully reviewed the directions and have been unable to figure out where I went wrong. I'm going to check the number of rows between the "windows" and then either remove or add a row so that the ends match up properly.    

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Shelley@53 wrote
on Mar 9, 2013 10:35 AM

I never did figure out where I went wrong . . . but did end up removing one row and then everything lined up and my spacing was correct between the windows.  

Not Ranked
Posts 17
lai2 wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 11:17 AM

I had to resize mine a few times, but the bracelet looks great when done!!

Not Ranked
Posts 17
lai2 wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 11:18 AM

Plus....I also couldn't fit it over my wrist, so included a clasp.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS