Patriotic Color Challenge Anyone Interested?

This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,904
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 13, 2012 4:07 PM

I've got my first piece 95% completed. I didn't actually think I'd get this done so quickly. But we've had a rather emotional last few weeks around here so beading for me was not just for the usual fun but also a stress reliever.

So, guess I'll see what else I can get done before the 29th.

How are the rest of you coming along?

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 504
on Jun 21, 2012 4:15 PM

I'm working on a project right now. The first two designs I came up with just weren't working out for me so I changed direction and am going with something totally different.

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 12:28 AM

I've got a bracelet done so far.  I had a real beast of a time finding some red beads that I would be satisfied with.  I can be really picky.  I was actually all set to use some pretty, dark red garnet beads till my mother came by and commented that she thought they were too "dark" a red to be "patriotic."  Grrrrr! Super AngryThere was some serious steam coming out of my ears!  Finally found some red metsllic beads whose color was pleasing to me.  Sheesh!  Who knew this challenge was going to wind up being so difficult?!Huh?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,904
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 12:16 PM

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who had to come up with a plan B.Wink

I've gotten my piece finished but I'm not 100% happy with it. And I guess because I'm not happy with it I haven't been able to come up with another piece.

I do have until the 29th to come up with something else...Confused

I'm looking forward to seeing your pieces.

Have a great weekend.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 3:09 PM

BTW, that was supposed to read "metallic."  I can be such a butterfingers!(g)

Now I'm stumped on earrings!  And a necklace!  Well, maybe with the whole house to myself next week, I'll be able to concentrate.  Especially with no "helpful opinions."  Sigh...

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,904
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 27, 2012 12:07 PM

Still haven't been able to get a second piece started that I like.

But I did get my picture taken of my completed piece. So at least I will be able to post a picture by Friday.

Now, back to beading...or at least attempting to

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 27, 2012 5:12 PM

I've been feeling pretty terrible for the last couple of days, but have been doing a bit now and again to keep my mind off my misery.  Managed to get a pair of red, white and blue earrings done but am beginning to despair of coming up with something for a necklace, sigh...maybe something will come to me tomorrow while I'm at the ortho getting my artificial cartilege injections for my knees.  That usually makes me see stars! Ouchie!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,904
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 29, 2012 10:41 AM

As promised the Patriotic Color Challenge Reveal page is up in the Readers Showcase.

You can start posting your pictures anytime now.

I hope you all had more fun with this challenge than you had frustrations.

Thanks for playing along with me.Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS