Sad Heart

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 520
on Apr 1, 2012 6:24 PM

The daughter of my friends just died from meningitis. She just missed having her 25th birthday. I used to babysit her when she was little. When my kids got into an auto accident a few years ago I was horrified at how close i came to losing them. I can't imagine how my friends Celia and Randy are feeling right now. Wish i could hug them but they live too far away. My heart is breaking for them......

shellie

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 274
Paka wrote
on Apr 1, 2012 11:27 PM

Oh, Shellie, how terrible for your friends and for you as well.  How much worse that a young life has been cut short.  I lost my 95-year-old aunt this week.  Long, slow decline.  Merciful end.  Indeed, a happy, happy end to a life that had some rough spots early on.  I'll miss her and grieve for the new hole in my universe--but I am very much at peace with her passing.  Indeed I am glad that she is now at rest, as trite as that may sound. 

Your grief is something else entirely, and I know your heart is breaking.  There are no words to soften the blow of losing a child.  Be assured, however, that you are in our thoughts, that we would all be there to give you a hug or a cup of tea if we could.

Carolyn

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,261
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 2, 2012 8:21 AM

Oh Shellie,

I feel deeply sadden for your friends, as I also lost a child some 46 years ago, and it still is a sad thought for me, for there is no deeper loss, than that of a child, no matter the age.  May God give all involved peace and rest.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Apr 10, 2012 3:57 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that Shellie.. Just know that we are all here for you for support.

I'll be thinking of you and wishing you and your friends..

Emma
xXx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 9:19 PM

shellie,  I'm so sorry for you and your friends.  I can't imagine anything worse.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Apr 13, 2012 8:47 PM

Shellie,

I'm so sorry for your friends' loss. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child of any age. Hugs for you and them.

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Apr 16, 2012 11:11 PM

hugs to you all! I cannot even imagine the pain.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 520
on Apr 17, 2012 3:39 PM

Thank you everyone for your your kind words. i was off to Mexico last week on a mission trip and the time with friends and laughter (I have some hysterically funny friends) and even some tears have helped me to mourn. Plus we built a "house" for a poor family. They had 2 families with a total of 10 people living in a 2 room house. Now there are only 5 people sharing two 2 room houses. I found out that we were building in a "nicer" part of Tecate and even there, there wasn't any running water. Their bathroom was an outhouse. This family actually had electricity though. Very humbling I might say. Definitely has made me even more grateful for the many blessings in my life.

Now that I'm getting caught up on laundry and other household chores I'll be able to get some beading done and will hopefully get to share some pictures soon.

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS