Bead Pro 6 design program

This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
on Mar 31, 2012 8:34 AM

Hello,  my name is Karen. So far, I am an amateur beading artist.  I've loved beads since I was young, but only used what was given to me, as far as beads, to try stringing, embroidering, or designing. Beading is so addictive, but "no calories", or ill side effects except loss of sleep.  I love to see what others have made and then, try to learn. I've tried all aspects of beading and my favorite is peyote beadweaving. 

I would like to know if anyone is using Bead Pro 6 beading design program. A few weeks ago I tried the sample program and liked it, so, I purchased it; but I am having a difficult time getting started (i.e. getting a serial number from the project managers  so I can start using the program). Did anyone else have difficulties getting started?

Thank you for any input and for this forum.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 31, 2012 1:04 PM

Karen, are you referring to Bead Creator Pro ver. 6???? If so, follow the instructions for filing a trouble ticket and you will be contacted very quickly, although quickly right now (Saturday) may be Monday. You will get your serial number by return e-mail. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
on Mar 31, 2012 1:41 PM

D.M.Z.  Thank you for your response. However, I have file several tickets with the company and all I get is rubbish.  I really wish they would send an email. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  Karen

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 786
Tia Dalma wrote
on Mar 31, 2012 8:30 PM

As Donna asked, is this Bead Creator Pro? or another program? I don't think I have heard of a program called Bead Pro...just want to make sure we are talking about the same program!

But I have heard that it is hard to get any response from the website/tech dept for Bead Creator Pro...I also heard that when they released this latest version of the software, they did not release any updates for the user handbook for learning how to use the software...and it has a lot of changes from the previous versions!

Several of my beading friends have "Bead Creator Pro 6" and they have all had problems figuring out the newest version...they just had to sort of figure it out on their own with each others help...and they have also had problems getting any response from the tech dept or the website.

I have Bead Tool 4, and they are really helpful and they respond in a very timely manner if you have any questions or problems with their software. And they have little videos posted on their website that show you how to use the software which is very helpful!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 1, 2012 1:04 AM

Karen, Is this Bead CREATOR Pro we are discussing? Have you filed a ticket at this address:

http://tickets.thoughtfishmedia.com/home

There is a drop down menu near the top of the page for creating a ticket, if you purchased the program go here and ask for a serial number. Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 7
judyevelyn wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 8:16 PM

I ave had it a few months, and not used it a lot.  I have foudn quirks and had trouble trying to add lien after line in an incoming bill to my inventory.  Becuase I was having trouble, I have sent the manual part to a friend to print fo rme, and I am hoping if I sit down with it I will find it easier. Once we get the hang of it, I think it could be great.  I had no problem getting started and never encountered having to get a serial number.I am just doing inventoyr, have not yet looked into how to take parts out to make a piece and have it price it for  me,  adn I dont charge labour so it may not like that. if you have any tips for me, please share.

wish I knew more and could help you! soon maybe   Judy

Not Ranked
Posts 7
judyevelyn wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 8:16 PM

I ave had it a few months, and not used it a lot.  I have foudn quirks and had trouble trying to add lien after line in an incoming bill to my inventory.  Becuase I was having trouble, I have sent the manual part to a friend to print fo rme, and I am hoping if I sit down with it I will find it easier. Once we get the hang of it, I think it could be great.  I had no problem getting started and never encountered having to get a serial number.I am just doing inventoyr, have not yet looked into how to take parts out to make a piece and have it price it for  me,  adn I dont charge labour so it may not like that. if you have any tips for me, please share.

wish I knew more and could help you! soon maybe   Judy

Not Ranked
Posts 4
cdbeader wrote
on Jun 7, 2014 11:48 AM

Just putting my two cents in.......

I purchased Bead Creator Pro 4 years ago and have not been able to use it successfully yet.  Every time I got stuck or had a question, I had to submit a ticket, then wait for a response.  It was frustrating, so I just stopped trying.   Recently, I have been receiving a lot of emails and ads for upgrades, but since I haven't even used the original version yet, I'm not considering upgrading.

My all-time favorite program was Beadscape because it was very user friendly, but it was on my Mac, and they decided not to make a PC version of it.  So now that I'm trying to design again, I decided to "dust off" my Bead Creator Pro icon on my desktop and have another look at it.   I'm still having trouble making sense of everything and I don't see an "instruction manual" in the program anywhere, but thinking about the tickets I put in before and the time waiting for a response......I'm thinking about just looking for something else to work with.

My suggestion would be to keep submitting tickets and stay in contact with them since you've already made the purchase, then go from there.

Good Luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
cdbeader wrote
on Jun 7, 2014 11:49 AM

Just putting my two cents in.......

I purchased Bead Creator Pro 4 years ago and have not been able to use it successfully yet.  Every time I got stuck or had a question, I had to submit a ticket, then wait for a response.  It was frustrating, so I just stopped trying.   Recently, I have been receiving a lot of emails and ads for upgrades, but since I haven't even used the original version yet, I'm not considering upgrading.

My all-time favorite program was Beadscape because it was very user friendly, but it was on my Mac, and they decided not to make a PC version of it.  So now that I'm trying to design again, I decided to "dust off" my Bead Creator Pro icon on my desktop and have another look at it.   I'm still having trouble making sense of everything and I don't see an "instruction manual" in the program anywhere, but thinking about the tickets I put in before and the time waiting for a response......I'm thinking about just looking for something else to work with.

My suggestion would be to keep submitting tickets and stay in contact with them since you've already made the purchase, then go from there.

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS